More Yard House Pictures! | FerrariChat

More Yard House Pictures!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Ferrari Boy, Mar 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Well the morning started out with my dad and I arriving surprisingly early. So we decided to get gas a drive around Long Beach for a while. As we finished our little fun drive, we pulled into the parking lot and spotted Jordan hopping in the Gallardo for a spin, it turned out he got to drive it! Lucky man Jordan!

When we went to park the car, we were talking to the manager of the Yard House. He asked my dad "Do you want to park your car at an angle to give it a cooler look?" My dad replied "Would you like to do it? Better yet, why don't you take it around the parking lot." The manager was very delighted and did a great job parking if I might say. It sure made his day, as if 18 Ferrari's wasn't enough :).

Later we went inside to eat a wonderful Lunch on the deck, it was a great view! I was able to show some people the video I made from the Enzo drive. I hope you liked it! For the rest of you, I will try and get my hands on a DVD burner so I can get you all a copy.

We headed out from there on a very fun drive. I know you have all heard the stories about the cops, Costa burning rubber and all the other memorable events so I won't get into that. But all in all, I had a BLAST! Thank you to everyone for putting this together.

I have finally finished narrowing down 151 pics to 52 so here you all go, hope you all enjoy them.

-David

2. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
  3. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    even more...

4. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Nice pics David!
    I like the 308 GTSi that your dad has!
    Did anyone got a speeding ticket or had a chit chat with the police officers?

5. Throttleman

Throttleman Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    Sweet David, thanks for sharing. I am very sorry I missed it (I am still kicking myself)! Cheers, Jay.

6. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Thanks! We did have a little run in with the cops... The first one was when we were blasting down shoreline and then these cops yelled on the loudspeaker "This is downtown Long Beach, not a race track". And as you see from the photos, we were litterally right next to the cops! It was kinda scary :)

Also, Jeremy got pulled over after a person, who shall be left un-named, crossed double-yellow. It turned out the police didn't give him a ticket, just a warning for no front licence plate. Also, they just wanted to see the car, LOL!

Jay, thanks, I am sure you will catch the next one! And when I get my video on DVD, I'll be sure to give you a copy.

-David

7. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    David, fantastic photos! Thanks for sharing them also your video was well put together. It's always good to see you at these events!

8. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Thanks Armen. I'll be sure to get you a copy of the video as well. I hope to see you on the next drive! I know you want to go...:)

-David

9. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Great pics David! I think you are giving Jordan a run for his money! I didn't know you and your Dad let the manager park the Ferrari. I'm sure he enjoyed that! All in all it was a great day with a little of everything - great cars, great turn out, great driving, great venue, great food, great people, great luck (no tickets and no incidents), and great great weather!! What more could we have asked for? Thanks again for the pics and we'll do it again soon!

10. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Hey Jeffrey, Thanks! Jordan be prepared...;). Yea, the manager sure did enjoy it. Thanks for setting this event up. I know Jordan is the luckiest 18 year old, but I know that I am very lucky for a 13 year old! I am so thankful for being part of Ferrari Chat / FDC, and for my dad giving me all these opportunities. I couldn't ask for much more. When we do it again, I'm sure I'll participate, this time with the video camera :).

Thanks again,
    David

11. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    David, great pics -- thanks for sharing. Why don't you just ask Rob, or somebody else on the forum if they can host/upload your movie. It's easy to do as long as somebody has the bandwidth, and will save you a lot of headache relative to trying to cut DVD's...unless of course, that is specifically the intent. Just a thought, since I would love to see it.

12. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    What I plan on doing is burning it on a DVD first for everyone. Then I will give one of the DVD's to Byron and he says he can host it for me. I don't know how long it will take for this but hopefully it will be soon.

-David

13. RyanZX6R

RyanZX6R Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Riverside County
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    David, great pics as always. Looks like you guys had a blast. I spent all weekend trying (and failing) to fight off my cold. Not fun.