F1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2015: RACE - DAY *** SPOILERS *** | Page 16 | FerrariChat

F1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2015: RACE - DAY *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Jun 21, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Really ?

2. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Nico seems to need help from everyone. His radio calls are ridiculous... it's like he's always in full panic mode trying to get coached and told what to do as if he's really not in control of his own race. The deal with his tire at the end of the race was kinda pathetic. "All eyes on the tire... all eyes on the tire!!!"

Jesus... just drive. I used to like him as a driver, but last year's nonsense just got under my skin and it hasn't changed much this year.

... and no... I'm not a Hamilton fanboy... I'm fairly indifferent to Ham. Don't really care if he wins or loses.

3. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Hahaha. Nothing would surprise me with F1 ; )

4. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    IMHO Rosberg and Hamilton are both equally and extremely good in the drama category, on the giving and the receiving end. Which makes it so entertaining ;)

5. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Which part are you referring to? That I'm glad he came back? Yes I am, because it applies pressure to Hamilton. That Lauda helped him? He did...post Chinese Nico crying/***** session about Hamilton, he hasn't said anything else to that effect. He has just focused on what is in his control and his car - which is what Lauda advised him to do.

6. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Yes! Hamilton a primadonna and Nico always sounds like he's in a panic.

7. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'd be both if I had there money ..and wouldn't give a rats azz what keyboard warrior's had to say about me...not that I do any way hahaha..

8. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    You are both even without their money! :eek: :D

(I hope all is fine with you, Steve! What is your head doing after your, uhm, little incident?)

9. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    LOL... yer not wrong Florian...

My head! well seems it's toooo good now for some on here..I kid I kid..:)

It's 13 months now ..and I can still certainly tell someone had a dig around in my nut, but I'am just thankful I'am still here winding folk up, or keeping the board honest, it just depends ;)

Thanks mate hope you and yours, are all well.

10. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Finally had a chance to watch this one. Snoozer but nice to see Nico stepping up to contend for a change.

Kimi what a shame, but that's what happen when you start at the back of the pack.

11. Axecent

Axecent Formula 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    on the wrong tires.

12. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    ... And without a clue.

13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5DCNKBHZdw[/ame]

I'm sorry but this is not normal.

If he spun it immediately after the corner sure, driver error...but he was going and suddenly the car goes? It doesn't make any sense.

14. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1

Rosberg's calls on the radio for advice, even though he knows it's not allowed, are cringeworthy.

15. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    They are... I mean to listen to him sounds as if he has no idea what to do in any imperfect situation. He feels a vibration he freaks... he can't pass... he freaks. Rather than devising his own solutions...he's on the radio begging for help as if he has zero control of the given situation.

I don't see Ham acting quite like that. Granted he gets annoyed when the strategy deep sixes his race, but that's understandable. He's rarely heard begging the team for help. I think the thing with Louis is that he's always playing a game with Nico. In the press conferences.. in the media... he's always somewhat dismissive of him. I think that's purely strategy on his part because Nico is so fragile.

16. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    .... also... I think Merc themselves don't do well under pressure. When things don't go as planned, they often seem to botch the call. When Seb won that race, there seemed to be complete confusion. It's easy when you just are one-two running by yourselves and only managing your two drives from wrecking each other... its nothing thing entirely when you have competition. They've really had none and probably won't the rest of the season.

17. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    It was driver error, he got wheelspin. It can still happen at 120 MPH especially when he is still on the map he just started the race with. Kimi said as much, there was no mechanical issue here. He lost the car and ruined not only his race but Alonso's as well.

The guy doesn't have it anymore and unless he is going to take a 15 million pay cut it's time for Ferrari to look elsewhere. Kimi was great back in his prime (04-07) and won Ferrari a WDC but time waits for no man.

18. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    +1... waaaaaay to many "unexplained" incidents. Even last year when he went careening off the track and bounced back across... I believe he took out Massa that day. Either he's not able to control the car... not smart enough to manage the new systems... or he's just not that committed anymore to being at the level F1 requires. It's time for him to move on and bring in someone like Bottas or Hulk.

19. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    How about once a year there is one F1 race where NO radio commo is allowed, so call it "Fifties Day" or whatever and see how the strategies and etc. play out with just pit boards. Or "No Coaching Racing", or "Let the Driver Call the Tire Strategy".

Like most sports, the team tends to get better results with someone calling the plays from the sidelines (US football), sending in signals (baseball), or managing the team strategy (bicycle teams managing 10 riders in a Tour de France).

At this point, how much is the "no coaching" radio rule being enforced I honestly don't know.

20. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I don't think it's being enforced much at all. Mercedes seemed to do it the most often and with the most detailed instruction... at least from what was televised. It stepped back a bit, but I still think they cross the line.

21. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #396 NeuroBeaker, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    OMG what a classic photo!

23. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Harry Truman redux. Lol

24. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    They printed it a week earlier in tongue-in-cheek fashion (more a shot at Merc always winning than one at Nico).

Nico had fun with it though...

25. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Hilarious :)