Brew City Cruise Night, Mequon, WI Important Update | FerrariChat

Brew City Cruise Night, Mequon, WI Important Update

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by Jeff328, Jun 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    I know a lot of folks here like to come to our Tuesday night car shows. Here's some important news!

This Tuesday, June 16, IS OUR LAST SHOW AT HIGHLAND HOUSE! We've been terminated there, the owner has enough money and doesn't want ours anymore.

Effective June 23, the show is moving back to the old Brew City Grill location, 10250 N. Cedarburg Road, in Mequon. It's reopened under new management and they are eager to have the show at their place. The bar is called Pòga and the restaurant is Yummys. Burgers and other simple stuff, good car show food. The bar has Happy Hour specials from 3pm until 8pm. It will probably be a slightly rocky start as far as bar and restaurant service go because I don't think they fully understand how many people show up at our shows, but they are motivated to make things right and want to make this a great event. So far I've heard from quite a few people who are happy we are moving back there, the venue is great for our show, with an outdoor patio overlooking the parking area and much more shade than at Highland House.

2. GDVBR8N

GDVBR8N Rookie

Apr 24, 2013
    Milwaukee< WI
    Full Name:
    Robert H. Blondis
    Last Tues. night I just could not get done what had to be done in order to cruise from the east side of Brew City to the Holiday House. Lucky thing, as no one would have been there. I am looking forward to cruising to the new (old) place next Tuesday to see an amazing number of really nice rides. I can never get there till 700 or later, but I am told that the fun begins at 430 or 5.

3. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    Our first night back at the old location we had our biggest turnout, ever - by far. Over 220 cars!

Last night we had about 150 cars show up. The variety was insane. From an absolutely stunning 1958 Cadillac Eldorado Seville, to a 1,000 hp Ford GT, along with muscle cars, sports cars, tuner cars, there was something for everyone.

4. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    The show officially starts at 5:50, but people have been showing up earlier and earlier every week. This last time we were 1/3 full at 5:30!

We do a door prize drawing at about 7:00 pm, and after that people usually start to leave. I've been trying to delay the drawing on these weeks when we are busy and it is staying light outside later, to try and keep folks around a while longer.

5. GDVBR8N

GDVBR8N Rookie

Apr 24, 2013
    Milwaukee< WI
    Full Name:
    Robert H. Blondis
    I have a 1967 Corvette that I think I will bring next Tues. It's triple black. I won't be there till about 7 though. If you see me, come on over & say hello. I think that I have driven my 360 to the Highland House three times. I thought it was very nice, but the new old place sounds great!

6. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    The last time you were at Highland House w/your Ferrari I didn't see you until you were leaving. I ran after you and hollered but you couldn't hear me.

I'll keep my eyes open for the 'vette. I will be there with my '67 GTO, blue with Cragar SS wheels and a seriously built tri-power motor. It's Mopar night so have to show the Pentastar boys how things are really done!

The new place is a much nicer venue for a car show. I think you'll like it - many people have told me how much more they enjoy the show now.