1999 Modena 360 Coupe 6 Speed Manual | FerrariChat

1999 Modena 360 Coupe 6 Speed Manual

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by wilf, Jun 29, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wilf

wilf Rookie

Sep 12, 2011
    Calgary
    #1 wilf, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Red with tan interior in good overall condition and excellent mechanical condition. Car is in Calgary, Alberta Canada.
    I have owned this car coming on 10 years and still never fails to thrill. I'm coming on 70 this year and so this one goes.
    It has received frequent maintenance, has been driven very easily and carefully by me.
    Car has no issues, runs smooth, doesn't burn or drip oil, no leaks, tires, brakes, clutch are like new.
    Currently 24,000 miles.

Here is a short history of the car.
    1999 to 2004 Original owner
    14,000 mi, Major service, drive belts, cam timing belts and updated cam variators, and complete clutch and thrust bearings replaced.

Aug 2004 Imported to Canada
    A Novitec and Hamann lowering, aero kit and exhaust mods installed in Calgary

Jan 2005 leased out to a local Doctor. 15,000 mi

Oct 2005 19,000 mi single vehicle accident. Driver hit a wet patch on a Rocky Mountain drive, spun out bouncing off the guard rail several times
    and scraping the side of a retaining wall. No major damage but a lot of minor damage so insurance company wrote it off.

Dec 2005 I purchased it from insurance company and had Dallman Restoration Body Works restore the vehicle.
    Replaced all non stock components with Ferrari original parts:
    ie All shocks, springs, wheels, new Michelin Pilot Sport tires, anti-sway bars, stock exhaust system and rear challenge grill installed.

Oct 2006 Certified repaired

2006 - 2015. I have put on an average of 1000 mi a year,
    Yearly- oil and filter changes.

2008 Brakes redone to cure intermittent squeal. Put in stock Brembo pads.
    2009 CEL, replaced exhaust temperature ECU.
    2010 New Spark Plugs
    2012 New battery,. ASR error, replaced rear accel sensor.
    2013 Replaced trans/differential, and coolant fluids.

I am not able to easily show and sell this car myself, nor do I have the inclination to go through all that right now.
    I am putting the car for sale at Michener Allen Auctions in Calgary on July 25, 2015 in their Collector and Classic car auction.
    It will be available for viewing there. It is a great car and great value to get into one exotic car!

I have attached both current pictures and before the repair pictures where the car was duct taped together.
    The passenger door was tied shut.
    (new wheels already on)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Tally Ho

Tally Ho Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2007
    Niceville, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    That poor car took a beating. It almost looks like it rolled. Nice repairs. Some after repair passenger side shots would go a long way in showing how well the repairs were done. Best of luck to you on the sale.

3. imran4535

imran4535 Rookie

Jun 28, 2015
    How much are you looking to sell it for?

4. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    So I assume it has a salvage title

5. wilf

wilf Rookie

Sep 12, 2011
    Calgary
    #5 wilf, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. wilf

wilf Rookie

Sep 12, 2011
    Calgary
    I`ll see what happens at the auction. I`ll post a real asking price here after the auction or the sale price. Either way I let the forum know.

7. wilf

wilf Rookie

Sep 12, 2011
    Calgary
    The title here in Alberta is called a repaired title. If it`s not fixable or not fixed it`s salvage. Different jurisdictions call it different things but a insurance write off just the same.

8. wilf

wilf Rookie

Sep 12, 2011
    Calgary
    BTW without saying a number - one heck of a lot lower than anything I have seen priced, salvage, repaired or not!

9. AKINSB

AKINSB Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2013
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Alex K
    Nice looking stick. Great up front disclosure

GLWS

10. Southpaw F1

Southpaw F1 Karting

Mar 11, 2013
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Mitchell
    Thank you for saving her and putting her back on the road! Good luck with the sale.

11. richard k

richard k Karting

Nov 2, 2009
    Irricana Alberta
  12. imran4535

imran4535 Rookie

Jun 28, 2015
    Why don't you post your asking price here since you opened a thread in the classifieds?

13. wilf

wilf Rookie

Sep 12, 2011
    Calgary
    I've had some questions about the reserve price, I haven't fully decided and at the auction I can change my mind and let er go for what I get, Like I say I want to sell.

14. richard k

richard k Karting

Nov 2, 2009
    Irricana Alberta
    Well the auction is not for a few weeks yet and it is not hard to withdraw a car from a auction. People do it all the time. I guess the hard part is figuring out what you want for it. If you decide post a price and will see how it goes. Lots of people on this board who know them well and could help with the price thing.

15. imran4535

imran4535 Rookie

Jun 28, 2015
    I'm not sure why you advertised it here in the for sale section, if its not for sale?

16. malex

malex Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2007
    FL
    Fair question. Seems more of a redirect to the Michener Allen auction, where it will be for sale, than anything.

To the seller, GLWS. Sounds like it'd make a great driver.

17. wilf

wilf Rookie

Sep 12, 2011
    Calgary
    Hey Richard, you've hit on the exact thing has frustrated some others on the forum. Figuring out what the value is of the car! Instead of me doing the work and research on the car, I'm saying whoever wants it should figure out what they will pay. They have to do the research! If I get less than what it's worth it's no big deal, I've had my experience of a lifetime.
    I gave my word I'll have it at the auction and I'm good for what I say. If there is no interest at the auction I will sell it direct somehow. It's a unique car and requires a unique buyer who is familiar with auction buying or will find a car guy who is to help.

18. wilf

wilf Rookie

Sep 12, 2011
    Calgary
    Of course it's for sale, Some just don't like the process. They want to follow the process they like.
    When the wife says no one comes to our residence and no test drives with someone else (I could tell a few good stories where I was never so happy to survive a test drive) , Remember that guy in Toronto that went for a test drive in his truck. They never saw him again. I look at the options that will be easy and not fraught with fraud, risk, and a lot of work just to make a little more money.

19. imran4535

imran4535 Rookie

Jun 28, 2015
    Your wife is right. Too many wackos out there. You can probably put it at a dealer in consignment also.

20. eaks

eaks Rookie

Apr 30, 2015
    Not sure if you would be interested in a trade? I have a 2005 Mercedes CL65.. Let me know if it is of any interest to you.. I am also in Calgary..

21. wilf

wilf Rookie

Sep 12, 2011
    Calgary
    A trade wouldn't work for me right now.
    thanks tho Wilf

22. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Any idea of the price neighborhood you'd like to be in? US dollars?
    Greg

23. richard k

richard k Karting

Nov 2, 2009
    Irricana Alberta
    Well I wouldn't bother asking a selling price as he is just looking to sell the car at auction. He has the same car listed on Calgary kijiji with the same thing telling everyone to bid on it at the auction. He is looking in my opinion to get the price up with lots of bidders you know the more people bidding the better. Interesting as he has a 07 benz also on kijiji with low and behold a price tag and he will even take trades.

24. onefastman

onefastman Karting

Jul 15, 2011
    STL
    Someone should move this to the 360 forum as it is clearly not a for sale thread as he will not allow anyone to purchase it.

25. imran4535

imran4535 Rookie

Jun 28, 2015
    Do any USA guys purchase Canadian cars considering they the odometer is in Kilometers?