Help--with antilock warning light | FerrariChat

Help--with antilock warning light

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Fcarhappy, Jul 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fcarhappy

Fcarhappy Karting

Dec 19, 2012
    Decided to take the rascal (88 Mondial Cab) out for a spin today and everything was fine except the antilock dash indicator light never went out (like it always has in the past). Again everything seemed fine, went for a five mile run with many many stop and go situations and no problems AT ALL --- just the light never went out. Restarted the car a couple of times thinking perhaps it just hadn't cleared---that didn't work. Any ideas on what I'm looking at??????

2. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #2 soucorp, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    Check the brake fluid level in the master reservoir, might be low.
    Also inspect the ABS switch, sensor, wire for damage...

Cheers

3. FCnew

FCnew Formula Junior

May 5, 2015
    Hong Kong / Canada
    Full Name:
    Jonathan

Pull the fuse... then insert it again.

4. dfranzen

dfranzen Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2013
    Ponte Vedra Beach , FL
    Full Name:
    Don Franzen
  5. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    Unplug all the Bosch connectors around the brake master cilinder, clean them with WD40 and reconnect them.

6. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Had the same problem: checked the fuse and brakes, ultimately I had a burnt wire causing a malfunction and warning light on. Cable replaced, no short-circuit or other damage, fuse cleaned, zero problems ever since. Hope this will also do the trick for you.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

7. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    Anti-lock brakes are a mixed blessing. Specifically they are a deadly curse on ice or hard packed snow [increase stopping distance perhaps 25%] but that's another story! On all other surfaces they are an improvement. Except for the extra complexity.

Back in Chicago - where we had lots of ice and snow - I would disconnect the anti-lock and just drive with the light on in my Detroit Iron. My 3.2 does not have anti-lock but the brake failure light was on for months. So I examined the situation. First, the pads were as good as new. No fluid leaks. In addition, the harder I used the brakes the better they got.

Over time the light has gone out. I do not know why it came on or why it went out. But the car has always had brakes.

PS: Have you driven on a dirt road and actually tried to activate the anti-locks. They might be working fine! I test my MAXX anti-locks on both dry and wet roads on a regular basis as a training exercise.