ItalianCarFest 2015 | FerrariChat

ItalianCarFest 2015

Discussion in 'Texas' started by WDR328, May 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    Carolyn and I were at the Keels and Wheels show earlier this month when we bumped into Bob Dezzany who was displaying his gorgeous 124 Fiat spider.
    In the course of conversation I asked Bob if ICF was on for this year, as I had heard rumors to the contrary. Bob validated that the rumors were indeed true! I told him that was too bad because it was such a good show.
    Then at the end of last week Bob called me to say that he had met with the "powers that be" in Grapevine and the show was back on the schedule. So everyone get your cars ready and let's make this the best one yet.
    Thanks to Bob and all of the people that are associated with getting ICF back on the schedule!

2. Orange72

Orange72 Rookie

Sep 14, 2004
    McKinney, TX
    Full Name:
    Bob Dezzany
    To our friends at F-chat,

Don is absolutely correct - ItalianCarFest 2015 is just 4 months away and we are ready for another great show in Grapevine.

The Ferrari community has always been a terrific supporter of ICF and we thank you for that. We look forward to seeing you all again this year.

Registration will open later this month and we will post it on F-chat.

Thanks,
    Bob Dezzany

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Sorry we missed the 124!

It would have motivated me to get going, on mine.

4. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Still at Nash Farm?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

5. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Glad to hear this will be on again this year. It was one of my favorite events last year.

6. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Thank You Don, for the scare, as Boardwalk Auto Group ( Ferrari, Maserati, and Lamborghini ) had already signed up again as the title sponsor... it would have been a surprise to us, as the check has been cashed for months now.. LoL

We are looking forward to the event as well and hope that it will have a record turn out!
    Now, if we could just turn the HEAT down a notch...

S

7. val herrera

val herrera Rookie

Sep 14, 2006
    I also attended the Keels & Wheels show earlier this month and saw Bob Dezzany with his gorgeous Fiat 124 Spider (which took best in class horrors). Glad to hear that the 2015 ICF event is a "go" and want to thank all those associated for getting the ICF 2015 event back on schedule. Looks like ICF 2015 will once again be held at Nash Farms, in Grapevine, and is scheduled for Saturday, September 12th. Hope many of the great rides and folks from the F-chat community attend.

8. val herrera

val herrera Rookie

Sep 14, 2006
    Major typo in my last message. Replace "horrors" with "honors". Sorry Bob...

9. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Just as a (constructive) comment - I have thought for a couple of years now that this great show would be even better if the schedule could be put back a few weeks later in the year.

Maybe that would limit the heat!

10. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin

Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

11. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Nice that the Grapevine event is back on. But I wish that the Southfork show would come back.

12. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Frankly, the Nash Farm location does nothing for me. It made sense when the event was tied to Grapefest, because you could walk down there and blow some of the day. I thought the lake was the best location. If it must stay at Nash Farm, bring back the "guest" Italian parking and move it further into fall.

Just input, take it as you will.

13. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    We know why you don't like Nash Farm! :)

Agree that if it's not tied to Grapefest, pick a cooler weekend. I don't participate because of the heat. Not going to subject myself to it. The dust is always bad too.

14. nkreskai16

nkreskai16 Rookie

Jul 10, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick K
    Can't wait for it this year. Expecting it to be much better than last year!

15. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    No kidding! It was at a cooler time of year as well.

16. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    +1

17. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    The heat always seems to be a factor. I am curious what the difference in turnout would be if it was at a cooler time?

Unfortunately, like most events there are so many variables that go into a event like this. Bob and Garret have done a great job in years past. I have no doubt it will be a great one.

18. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I truly miss the Southfork show. It was a well run and serious car show. Not one where a car with a silly wrap on it wins the award.

19. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    I was informed off-line that the Nash Farm/city people insist it be on that early September weekend so if it is kept at Nash there is no chance of moving it later in the fall to get cooler weather.

20. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    #20 tomc, Jul 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  21. TexasRossa

TexasRossa Rookie

Aug 9, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I just registered again and plan on having the 308 there.

22. buzzpics

buzzpics Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2013
    Frisco Tx
    I'll come out and take a peek, but I probably wont drive or enter my 308 because of the heat.

23. rauldejalapeno

rauldejalapeno Karting
    BANNED

Apr 21, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy Bush
    I have the great pleasure to announce that ItalianCarFest 2015 will be held on 12 September at Nash Farm in Grapevine! The theme for this year's show is "Alfa Romeo's Return to the USA". We plan to have a fantastic display of Alfa vehicles and memorabilia on hand. Boardwalk Ferrari Maserati is the Presenting Sponsor once again and we're very happy to have them on board. The classes will be similar to last year, encompassing Italian cars and Italian motorcycles and scooters. The Italian Connection class is always a favorite, comprised of non-Italian makes that contain Italian coachwork or mechanicals. Registration is now open, so please visit the ICF website at ItalianCarFest for all the details.. If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected]. We look forward to seeing all of you at the show!

Randy Bush
    Chairman
    ItalianCarFest 2015

24. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R

Randy, you are the man!!!

25. BlackBird007