Current Testarossa Values | Page 45 | FerrariChat

Current Testarossa Values

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by UAS, Nov 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Ya know.....

I was going to make a counter post with a whole bunch of points about why this is more that just a bubble but why bother anymore.

Brad (Kurt), I like ya bro...I really do but this thread has been totally derailed and this has become more of Brad vs. Fchat. I don't see how anyone is gaining any information with this.

I've read your opinion on the subject and respectfully disagree with you. I'm just not going to get into the it's a bubble...no it not argument with anyone anymore.
    This whole thread is about the values and with members chiming in on what they're experiencing. Why? ....to sell, to hold, to adjust one's insurance.
    Yes, I have mine for sale and if it sells, I will post the amount so it may better help the forum members guide their own decisions.

Other than that, I finally have the time to re/re the steering rack and will start a thread on that soon. Hopefully everyone will chime in on some tips for me there.

Soooo......I'm out of the argument.

Shamile

Freeze. ...Miami Vice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

2. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I am right there with you. I don't understand it either. My Ferraris have between 18k and 26k on the odo and all look like 8k mile cars. They're cars. You use them and you care for them and you maintain them. They can be restored and be better than new. Big deal.

They're cars. They're made to be used. Use them, love them, maintain them, polish them, enjoy them.

If this is what you think goes on in Monterey that you're even more clueless than your myriad posts indicate. Monterey and Pebble Beach is a really a celebration of car culture with everything from vintage racing to road rallies, and just catching up with long time friends and car buddies. Money and future prices play essentially zero role in it at all. Maybe people talk about it after Monterey but not during. There's too much to see and do. If you're a true car fanatic you would love it. If you're miss debbie downer sour grapes aficionado, then you'll probably have as good of a time there as you seem have on Fchat: a miserable one.

Kurt, if you look at what everyone says to you, and has been saying to you, maybe instead of arguing with them all you should consider if maybe there is a point there.

Also, three quick facts others touched on in this thread:

1) you and Wayne think nothing alike.
    2) your entire Ferrari "experience" is based on two salvage title cars that you owned briefly.
    3) by all means, your behavior paints you exactly like a flipper/speculator and now you have sour grapes.

Again, at the end of the day, isn't the best case scenario to have the exact cars you've loved all of your life and they're worth more than what you paid for them? I don't see how people see that as a bad thing. But as Jon said, if you love the car, you love the car; use it and enjoy it and who cares what it's worth. As I've said a jillion times on here, if you love the car more than money, it's meaningless anyway.

3. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

I like ya too Shamile and that's not my intention. Again, my cigar bet is on the table. I'm out of the convo as well. Big_Red if you want the bet, feel free to PM me

Cheers

4. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    #1104 Turbopanzer, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    Lets see....my two cents. One........master craftsman forty + years. Hold ever major liscense and certification in PA and beyond. God knows how many of these have worked on in my lifetime. Point to this.......think carefully about the words you choose. Some very savy guys up here and and like the Chairman, been doing this a long time. Bubble or long term gain....anyones guess. Mine.......I think the TR's day has come. If the markets crap after the 2016 election.....then we will see what it is. I go with the fact the car has appeal and the markets don't. When your an investor you look to protect your investments. A TR ain't a bad place to be. Same for a BB or any other solid Fcar. As stated on another thread (B&I) if the the markets take a dive.......say hello to any F-40 because daddy needs one!!!
    :D

5. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Joshua, not Jason. And not just Bo Derek, but Linda Evans and Ursula Andress as well!

Okay, now back to serious discussion about the state of the TR market, hopefully with more input from those who actually care (potential buyers, potential sellers, dealers, whoever :)).

6. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #1106 msdesignltd, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    Ok.. Sorry, I meant John Derek ( Joshua ) yes
    He must have died with a big smile

7. teveo

teveo Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2005
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Trond Vidar
    You can always get a Testarossa "bargain" over the pond, in Norway they are still appreciating, used to be 500k nok, this guy writes he has much interest and one offer on his asking price 650k nok but are taking offers... it may be a euro model though? (ZFFSA17S000078187)

Ferrari Testarossa 1988, 67*500 km, kr 651*500,- -

One buck is worth approx 8.10 NOK today, eg asking $80k

The Testarossa is just entering the classic car category, over here it happens when a car gets 30 yrs old and tax + insurance is getting cheap while value raise.

When selling a (collector) car, never use the money on anything than getting another one or two, this will keep you into the hobby if it raise or fall. I live by that and have seen the values mostly raise since the early nineties (when I got into classic cars), the stock crash every 10-15 yrs take them down but the interest, inflation and occasional bubbles bring them back.
    Exception to the rule, if you needed the money for health reasons, over here it does not make much sense though (Health is paid by income tax).

Love my Testarossa but it is not my dream car, I'd sell it to get a 246 Dino but in the meantime it fit perfectly in my garage. Have to free some cash to take that step and Hagerty indicate that the Dino values are on the top, buy, sell or take another aspirin? ;)

In the meantime have some fun.

8. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Oh my, the irony....;)

9. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
  10. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael

IMO
    The importance or should I say impotence of this car these cars has been diminished in recent days.. a shame but reality..too many cars went up too quick..
    Turned a lot of people off.
    Sadly the market has backfired for many..
    This yellow car { Cams car } even with superior low mileage most likely will currently not receive offers over $300,000.00 if that. ...we gonna have to wait now , for the next cycle.
    Time to enjoy some driving for most.

11. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    Time will tell. Same thing was probably said about Dino's at $300,000 mark.

Sent via itty bitty electrons

12. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Just drive the damn thing..

13. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    AMEN!

14. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    #1114 Mr.Chairman, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    Hi. Where is my scotch. You still owe.

R

15. versamil

versamil Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2013
    Gaston, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Brian Healy
    Are you kidding? Seems that bet was over a YEAR ago, and I think the Chairman won that one fair and square.

Too bad Michael bailed on that car just a BIT too soon, but with his 512's will more than recoup.

16. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
  17. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    The shower was refreshing and now I am just thirsty. I need quenching. When I read that post it was kind of funny. You came out of nowhere screaming. Just like Flavor Flav. I will refer to you as Flavor from know on.

R

18. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Flavor, can you advise all of us including myself when the next cycle is due to come around.

R

19. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #1119 msdesignltd, Jul 31, 2015
    Ahh! Dathan, You seek Wisdom beyond my mere mortal means.
    Far be it from me to utter such magical advice, but I believe it was CONFUCIUS who once said it best...

" If it is past the time to sell......it must be close to the time to buy."

That was confuciusdesignltd

20. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #1120 msdesignltd, Jul 31, 2015
    I heard you had a quite a tongue lashing from El Wayne...
    Glad to have you back!

I managed to record your conversation with moderator Wayne
    I heard Rob ( Moses) is not too Happy with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0Qcv3YV4aA

21. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#1121 Bradwilliams, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
  23. Total Recall

Total Recall Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2014
    East Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Dominic Bradley
    Well, this is listed as sold already:

Current Inventory - Tom Hartley

It was up at £175K GBP - or about $275k US / 250k euro - for a 20,000 miles car....

It was a member`s car on here until a few weeks ago, so safe to say it`s legit.

To be perfectly honest I think this is just the start of Testarossa mania.

Sure there`s speculators too - but they made too many overall for a few speculators to cause much of a price increase. I really think such a massive number of people grew up wanting one that 7000 of them made is tiny compared to the genuine demand for them by the general public - many who aren`t even car enthusiasts but just want one....

As the masses of the 80`s kids "come online" with the funds to buy, I think Testarossa`s will really take off.

Dom.

24. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Hi Dom, this is also one of the fallacies that many can't seem to grasp. Production numbers is not reality, the realists know that this number is under 6,000 cars or even less by now. The same notion exists with people thinking that their are 2,700 gt/4s left , that car at best is perhaps half world wide.

With world population going to almost 10b by 2030, and India leading the largest middle class growth ( all statics pointing this way ) asset accumulation will be higher in demand in the future, not less. Too many indicators pointing towards things getting bullish, not bear.

Watch out for those interest rate hikes in the U.S. By q4 this year :)

25. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Im in the camp that sees the value continue to climb. I got 3 thumbs up on my round trip to the airport today. She is purring like a kitten.

Im really curious what the fall-winter weather will bring to the overall sport car market. Im on the hunt for a 997 right now but its slim pickins. Ive historically bought during these quarters.