New Hope PA car show | FerrariChat

New Hope PA car show

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by ferrari#7, Jul 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrari#7

ferrari#7 Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2008
    Anyone here been to New Hope PA car show. How is the judging, normally alot of Ferrari cars. Thanks!

2. ferraristyle1

ferraristyle1 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    I went there last year and took an HM in the Ferrari class. They separated it by year groups not styles. It started as one big exotic class and then they split it up. There were several GT40s in my section but I was not judged with them. The cars that won 1/2 were both new cars with very low (I believe under 1000) miles on them. Don't recall third place.

Its a good show and I believe to be fairly judged but tough judging. The class was pretty big and its tough if you are going to compete vs a garage queen. Not the toughest judging though. They did use a 100 point system.

Maybe 10 Ferrari's there. Hope this helps and good luck!

3. sgfreak96

sgfreak96 Karting

May 15, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Is this the one that they have at New Hope Solebury high school? I think it says online it's august 8th/9th?

4. dadams73

dadams73 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Ocean City NJ
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Yes, I was there last year with my Bora. Good show, lots of interesting stuff there. Sunday is the import day

5. Green308GTSi

Green308GTSi Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Barry Cross
    New Hope is a great show, sorry I will miss it this year. Heading to Monterey!

6. ferrari#7

ferrari#7 Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2008
    Thanks for info everyone. I hear the Porsches are judged by Hew Hope as well as by PCA. Are Ferrari's judged by FCA as well as by New Hope. Thanks.

7. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I can tell you the couple of years I went there no FCA judge was anywhere near my car. I've done FCA judging at the PA FCA show, and none of those judges were present.

I can also tell you the judges I had did not have a solid knowledge of my car, which was a 246GT that had scored 99 points at an FCA event. I was told by the judge that my side markers were wrong, and that my interior was incorrect. He had no clue about what should or should not be in the trunk, etc. His biggest complaint was that the side markers "looked wrong" so he dinged me for those. (I suspect he also dinged me for showing him a book with photos of a US spec Dino with identical side lights, proving him wrong.)

They just didn't have what it took to judge the cars appropriately. A highly modded 308 beat out my Dino for 2nd place, as I recall.

Before you scream, "SOUR GRAPES" the guys who were there (maybe 10-12 Ferraris) were stunned by the results across the board, except for a Daytona finishing first. (IT was a nice example.)

Don't count on the judges to know/understand your car. Bring documentation, and hope for the best.

D

8. sgfreak96

sgfreak96 Karting

May 15, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'll definitely go on Sunday to see the exotics/imports. I'll be there snapping photos/taking videos. If anyone wants any specific photos or videos of there cars, I'm happy to provide!

9. dadams73

dadams73 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Ocean City NJ
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Anyone go to this? How was it? I could not make it this year

10. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I try and go to this every year, as a spectator of course. I actually found out about it from Ferrarichat back in 2002 I think. Anyway I threw together a quick video, forgive the shaking, the x10 is much better at pics than video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ1g4XpygOk