old thread #42185 | FerrariChat

old thread #42185

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by rrbnut, Jul 28, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rrbnut

rrbnut Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2015
    Carlsbad San Diego
    Full Name:
    Klaus Reichardt
    just for recording purposes if this one is not in the list
    Ferrari 400i

2. John Wetzig

John Wetzig Rookie

Aug 2, 2012
    Allentown PA USA
    Full Name:
    John Wetzig
    I bought this car from Motorcar Gallery in May of 2012. $32,500 was their asking price, but they agreed to replace the TRX tires, give me a credit to re-dye the interior and furnish working hood struts, which were missing from the car. After I accepted delivery of the car, they were unable to supply the tires in what I viewed as a reasonable amount of time, and, instead, furnished a set of conventional 16" rims from Rutlands, which you cannot tell from original unless you look very closely, and tires from Tire Rack. I wish I had waited for the TRXs to finally come in stock, but I was tired of not being comfortable driving the car. I still have the correct rims. I've put over 10,000 miles on it since purchase, and could not be happier, even though no matter what people tell you, you can't appreciate how expensive the parts are, and how difficult it can be to find them. It would take quite a bit more money to get me to sell, even though it's no where near where I want it to be, but I'm working on it.

John

3. rrbnut

rrbnut Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2015
    Carlsbad San Diego
    Full Name:
    Klaus Reichardt
    great to hear John and am soo looking forward to get mine hopefully here in the next 2 weeks on the road. Cheers

4. John Wetzig

John Wetzig Rookie

Aug 2, 2012
    Allentown PA USA
    Full Name:
    John Wetzig
    Please give us a report after you're out on the road. I know it will be good. John