Concorso Italiano | FerrariChat

Concorso Italiano

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Andrie, Aug 2, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Andrie

Andrie Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrie Hartanto
    Is there's reason to buy regular entry ticket at $160/person or just buy car registration for $150/car and you get 2 tickets?

Will it be a pain in the ass to show your car? Like have to come really early and leave really late?

Any plus and minus?

The last time I went to Concorso was in 2001. Due to conflict with my racing schedule I haven't been able to attend. I enjoyed it back then and hope it will be the same.

2. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    I have no idea why there are two types of tickets; perhaps one is enter a car in the judged category? (Although FCA is not judging at CI this year.)

Regarding in/out, it is really nicely organized. I left a bit early last year but had no trouble getting out; basically just drove away. Getting in had a bit more of a queue, but nothing horrible.

And, of course, drive carefully: lotsa cops.

3. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    IIRC, if you register your car for display, you have to arrive early and stay late, with no ins and outs. For that, you get two tix. If you just want to attend and not display your car, you pay the other price and you only get one ticket, but there is no restriction on when you have to be there or when you can leave. You also then park in the general parking lot and probably need to pay for that, too.

4. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith

Yep! But they don't really stop any owner from leaving and many do early. But any visitor entering after noon will see noticeably fewer cars...

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    If you exhibit a car, you don't get actual tickets, just (2) wristbands (one for the driver and one for the passenger). With a wristband you can only enter the event by sitting in the exhibiting car when it drives in. If you purchase a spectator ticket, you get an actual ticket and can come and go as you please.

And as already stated, an entrant car must be there by ~9am and you're not supposed to leave until awards have been presented, which tends to be between 4-5pm, depending on whether everything is on time. Of course, if you ride in with an entrant car as a passenger, you can obviously leave (on foot) anytime you want.

6. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    He’s correct about the pricing, but if he prefers to come as a spectator the traffic issues are minimal at Bayonet Black Horse. This is unlike other events at other venues during the week. If having plenty of room to park your car is important, there's plenty of room here..

7. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Bring two cars. One Ferrari to exhibit, and another car in the lot to be able to go to other venues?

8. synergy

synergy Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2007
    Austin Texas
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The language in the Concorso packet says no drive-ins after 9AM or drive-outs until 5PM on Sat.

Has it always said no ins/outs as a deterrent and people can still drive out earlier? Reason being, I must leave Concorso at 4PM so I can go drive the 488 GTB and there is NO WAY I am going to miss that opportunity :)

9. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Sore losers (those expecting an award, but don't get one) frequently depart as soon as they realize they won nothing. So early departures do happen, but are certainly frowned upon since they're creating a hazard while lots of spectators are wandering around and not really looking out for moving cars...kinda like pedestrians that are on their cell phones while crossing the street.

10. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I've been showing my car for a few years now but not for judging. From my observations after 1 pm some exhibitors just want to go home and do. I usually leave about 3 or so to beat the traffic. Nobody says a word but then we pay to show the cars and we pay to see the cars and there really isn't anything they are going to do because they need our goodwill.

SV

11. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    The problem with exhibitors leaving early is that spectators paid a chunk of change to see all the cars and it leaves a bad taste if they get there and see all these empty spots. I've been in that position (as a spectator) and it's very annoying. Especially during car week, it's much more likely that spectators try to squeeze in more than one event in a day, meaning they may show up mid afternoon for Concorso thinking they can still see everything in a couple-few hours. Exhibitors need to step back and think of the big picture by thinking about others and not just themselves.

Having said that, I can understand leaving a `little' early, especially if the event is dragging on longer than advertised, because any reasonable spectator should know better than to show up near the very end of the event.

12. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 30, 2006
    #12 Rory J, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
    Agree 100%. I don't see showing a car as a "goodwill" gesture, most people who display are there to try to win an award or simply because they enjoy showing their cars and mingling with like-minded folks. The reduced admission for displaying is essentially to cover the "cost" of staying there for extended hours. If you don't think the savings is worth the demand on your time, don't show your car. But don't betray the event organizers and spectators by packing up early and reneging on what is essentially a contract (enforced or not) to stay until a designated time.

13. GregD

GregD Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I showed my car last year at Concorso and it was easy.. in the morning They move you along and direct you where to go.. We stayed until after the event as the Maserati Club had a BBQ so leaving was a breeze..the blackhorse Country Club has a good amount of area and they have a very convenient lot to unload vehicles from the trailer and transporter parking.. The facility also has a nice dining room , bar etc... Im looking forward to it again this year.

14. Andrie

Andrie Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrie Hartanto
    Should I get their lunch option too? Or is there better food to purchase there?
    I'll be driving my car there. No transporter.

15. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Food (not included) isn't too bad...pretty typical concours fare.

16. 308gt4++

308gt4++ Formula 3

Apr 12, 2015
    #16 308gt4++, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. Andrie

Andrie Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrie Hartanto
    I will say hello if I see you there. It is a big place :)

18. 308gt4++

308gt4++ Formula 3

Apr 12, 2015
    Good point...maybe during CI, we can try to post a meet-up point/time for Fchatters...like during lunch time, or whatever...or maybe something like that has already been planned by someone else here????

19. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    I'll be there, I'll be in a black shirt with the red Ferrari horse on it front and back.

20. shawdut

shawdut Formula Junior

May 30, 2014
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shawn D

Check or post this in the Southern California section as well since there are many of us coming up for the weekend from down here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. Andrie

Andrie Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrie Hartanto
    Are there food available for purchase on the spot? I mean without buying tickets in advance? I have s couple friends who wants to attend last minute but there are no more lunch tickets available.

22. Brian Harper

Brian Harper F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2006
    San Jose area
    Full Name:
    Brian Harper
    Yes, there's county fair style food available every year and probably the same people as well. Various stuff on a stick, fried whatever, burgers, etc.

23. Andrie

Andrie Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrie Hartanto
    Thank you