Dash led stays lit | FerrariChat

Dash led stays lit

Discussion in '360/430' started by ferrarigts, Jul 11, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrarigts

ferrarigts Rookie

Apr 28, 2015
    Illinois
    Red LED flashes until car started, but stays lit all the time. Saw a similar post recently, but don't see it now. Reply referred to alarm siren battery, I think. Where would such be located? Thanks.

2. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
  3. DrDoug

DrDoug Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Doug T
    You need to pay for a silver membership ( only $15), then search the past threads on the alarm battery. It is a vey common occurrence. You will need to order a new alarm battery and you can self install (the thread has photos). There are ways to go cheap and install a rechargeable 9 volt or use a GM part (which may not allow your alarm to chirp when activated / deactivated). I tried the cheap way with no luck so I bought to genuine part from Ricambi, self installed and have been fine for the past 5 years.

4. 993man

993man Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2009
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I did what DrDoug did and just bought a new siren, complete.
    They are normally corroded beyond repair from years of leaking batteries anyway.
    I tried all the tricks, a new battery, cleaning the board blah blah.
    For a few bucks I now get no red LED and a chirp that attracts even more attention hahaha

5. ferrarigts

ferrarigts Rookie

Apr 28, 2015
    Illinois
    Appreciate the information. At least I now know the issue and what can be done. Just glad the situation does not adversely affect the everyday operation of the vehicle. Thanks again to all.

6. ferrarigts

ferrarigts Rookie

Apr 28, 2015
    Illinois
    Thanks again to all. Would someone please provide a part number for the complete unit (board with battery).

7. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
  8. TALON30

TALON30 Karting

Jan 8, 2010
    The battery is also made for a corvette. A lot less money. I put one in mine and works fine.

9. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
  10. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Be aware, the GM module will get rid of the red light, but the siren will not trigger properly if there is an intrusion. There is a lot of specific info on this in other threads.

11. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    It seems that some with the GM module work normally and some report they don't, not sure exactly why but I have a new GM module i'm putting in at the end of the season so i'll add my $.02 on it then..

12. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

join up

you just saved yourself at least $15 here