Tubi Exhaust VS Capristo Exhaust | FerrariChat

Tubi Exhaust VS Capristo Exhaust

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by divaneh, Mar 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. divaneh

divaneh Rookie

Jan 22, 2004
    Has anyone heard the diffrence in sound between these 2 systems. I have a 360 Spider 04 and contempleting puting one of these 2 in. like to get your inputs.

2. Ron

Ron Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2002
    LA
    I have heard both and the Capistro sounds and looks much better and is less expensive.

3. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    I have a 04 360 6-speed Coupe, bought the Capristo for $4050 and changed to Tubi a week later.

Why? I actaully like the sound of the Capristo, it's louder than Tubi (especially during idle). Capristo acutally makes the car pulls harder at 7000+ RPM compare to Tubi and has a slight bigger exhaust tips.

However, Capristo has a lag @ lower RPM which Tubi lacks.

I admit Capristo does sounds A LOT better then you start your engine while leaving Starbucks with all eyes at you. Tubi is not as loud when starting the car and it sounds like "didn't-do-it-right" in 1/15 times. I don't know why Tubi is doing that.

But Tubi sounds much DEEPER than Capristo at any RPM (especially above 3750), which, for some might say this is what a real Ferrari should sound like.

The reason I'm switching to Tubi is because a buddy of mine who works at my Ferrari Dealer told me Tubi is the Ferrari official exhaust.

Oh and one of the reason I change to Tubi is that Capristo do runs hotter than Tubi and I do not wish to install a rear challenge grill.

In conclusion, I like them both, I will make a post regarding to Capriso Vs. Tubi soon. They both have up and down side IMHO.

JIMMY
    www.Jimmy540i.com

4. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I thought the only "official" Ferrari exhaust was the Challenge exhaust ???

5. whimike

whimike Karting

Jul 26, 2003
    Los Gatos, CA
    Jimmy,

I think you need to preface your comments by saying you had the "LC Racing" version of the Capristo. This is a racing version and very well may have different characteristics to the normal Capristo.

I have a normal Capristo and did not notice any loss of low end torque.

-- Michael