New 365 GTC/4 Delivered to Hong Kong | Page 4 | FerrariChat

New 365 GTC/4 Delivered to Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by FarEastFerrari, Jan 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FarEastFerrari

FarEastFerrari Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    Thanks. I've also heard that the GTC/4 were originally covered in mousehair for the dash but according to the book "The Original Ferrari V12" by Keith Bluemel, he states that the GTC4 was the first Ferrari to come with non-standard leather trim for the interior (which would explain the cloth seats). Could you please let me know what company is HVL?

2. Bill26

Bill26 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Bill Murdoch
  3. FarEastFerrari

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    Thank you for this information. I will check them out. I am going to redo the interior of a 330GTC later this year so sourcing a good supplier of high quality leather will be very important for my projects.

4. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I agree. I think the mid/ lighter blues are better and I do like Celeste Gainsborough. Dash and tunnel was mousehair. There are mistakes in the books eg boot lid Aluminium. Nope. They are all super thin steel. Check your car with a magnet. Book says Aluminium but I wager a magnet will stick to your boot lid. But as Bill says, it is your car. We are just giving you our thoughts.

5. FarEastFerrari

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    I will check more sources on the dash and the tunnel. I believe I should be able to source the mousehair. I still have time to change my mind on the paint color as it will take a couple of months to take the old paint and rust off and smooth out the panels.

6. FarEastFerrari

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    #81 FarEastFerrari, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I stopped by the shop today and they are done with fixing all the little issues such as cleaning up the small bits of rust and re-polishing the chrome trims and cleaning out lights, etc. They are now polishing the paint now. They spent a lot of time getting the bumper correct as they had to deal with rust which was underneath the plastic cover. All I can say is that the car looks awesome in Blue Sera Metallic.

We settled on the color scheme of the interior and we found a supplier of the mouse hair. They are going to change out the headliners but instead of using vinyl we decided to go with leather because under hot conditions, I was informed that vinyl will warp and get out of shape. After some consideration, I decided that the cloth inserts will not look good for the new interior so it will come out but be preserved (dry-cleaned and vacuum sealed for the next owner).

Now that the car is looking like a gentleman's cruiser, I will be ordering replacement Borrani wheels to dress her up properly.

Blackbird is definitely doing a great job so far as I can. I can't wait for the car to be finished.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. FarEastFerrari

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    #82 FarEastFerrari, Aug 19, 2015
  8. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
  9. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Tom
    It is looking GREAT. I look forward to seeing the completed interior. Have fun driving. Is there anywhere in HK where you can get 7000rpm in 3rd then hit 4th and hit the gas hard? That is a lot of fun in a C4. That V12 music is wonderful. Enjoy. The car is looking great. That car has found a wonderful custodian. Well done.

10. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Colour looks great, well done! The headlining was original and in good condition, try to keep it if you can

11. FarEastFerrari

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    Hi John, there are some driver friendly roads in the new territories. There are also some places on the highway to the airport where we can go to 4th gear also. I would have to agree I love the sound of the sweet V-12.

12. FarEastFerrari

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    Hi Greg, yes it is in good condition but due to the humidity in Hong Kong, it is now sagging in a couple of places. I think along with the cloth inserts, I'll try to preserve the original headliner but it might be too far gone. My home is next to the ocean and while the car was waiting to get painted, the car started falling apart in the humidity of Hong Kong. I'm going to store her in a climate controlled facility after the paint/interior job.

13. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Fair enough, hope to be in Hong Kong mid next year, be good if we could catch up.

14. FarEastFerrari

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    Sure please contact me via the PM system. I'll be happy to take you for a ride in my 612, GT4 or the GTC/4.

15. FarEastFerrari

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    #90 FarEastFerrari, Sep 9, 2015
  16. Dbone

Dbone Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2005
    Malibu
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Was the repaint done without removing the windows?

17. Dbone

Dbone Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2005
    Malibu
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Or the stainless trim?

18. Dbone

Dbone Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2005
    Malibu
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Tom,
    Did you have something done to the front bumper, in one of the photos it looks to have a point in the middle

19. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    That color is beautiful! I wouldn't put Borranis on the car, though. The 5 spokes suit the modern, curvy wedge design a lot better. The car is perfect with them.

20. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Love it!

21. FarEastFerrari

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    yes they managed to do that without removing the windows or the chrome. It turned out fine.

22. FarEastFerrari

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    The front bumper was rusting underneath the plastic cover so the guys removed the plastic and scraped off the rust and reapplied the plastic. I think in the process perhaps they made the nose a bit sharp at the end.

23. FarEastFerrari

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    #98 FarEastFerrari, Sep 24, 2015
    I think you are right. I had the wheels cleaned up and touched up so they look very good now.

24. FarEastFerrari

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    The mousehair has arrived and the Connelly/UK Hyde leather is arriving next week. The upholsterer will get to work next week so it looks like I'll get her back on the road by end of October or so. Since the engine, gearbox and suspension was expertly rebuilt in Australia only a few years back, this car should be one of the best RHD GTC/4 soon.

25. jippiejake

jippiejake Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    Great job Tom...
    The car looks beautiful.