"Mr. Fiat" Parts | FerrariChat

"Mr. Fiat" Parts

Discussion in '206/246' started by 4CamGT, Sep 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    #1 4CamGT, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    Has anyone bought and used parts from "Mr Fiat"? Dino 206 246 GT - Ferrari - Italian Cars

I came across them online. Seems like they have lots of parts for Dinos. Where are they located?

I'd love to hear some feedback.

Freeman

2. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Atlanta Ga. They have a number of items that are common it Italian cars.

3. Pantdino

Pantdino Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    But they also have a LOT of stuff very specific to the Dino. I'm really impressed, actually.

4. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    Thanks for the link. He has some really nice stuff

5. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I've bought a few items over the past couple of years, they have some good connections to manufacturers.
    For example, if you need the odd piece of rubber it might be better to get from them rather than deal directly with Cicognani. If you need rubber for the whole car then it's cheaper to go with the folks in Italy.
    I bought a repro black plastic hand brake handle from them recently and I'd say it's useable but not high quality and so I didn't use it. Obviously a repro FIAT item used on the Dino.
    I noticed recently they have greatly expanded their range of Dino parts on ebay, a new radiator for $2k for example.

Nice to meet you at RM in Monterey BTW!
    Regards, Andrew

6. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Have bought only rubber trim pcs from them, all good. I believe they get it from Cicognani, but it saves you that nasty international shipping costs. They always quote 1-3 weeks lead time since those items come from Italy (i.e., Cicognani).

7. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #7 synchro, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    Reading their ebay reviews, it seems they don't warehouse things but just order them from Italy when you buy them. Their ad descriptions confirm this by preparing you for weeks of delay:
    "There is a 2-3 week production time for this item. Made in Italy. ".

Ebay has no problem washing seller's negative or neutral feedback to 100% so those sellers' adverse comments that remain are even more important. Mr. Fiat only has a 99.1% rating. I have avoided this seller for that reason but also because they do not know Dinos.

Look at this rubber part that they claim is for the gear shift linkeage
    "Ferrari Dino 246 Gts Gear Linkage Rubber Boot New $117.00"
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/200843664659

Buy this and you are in for a surprise...and a return shipping fee at your expense. This part has nothing to do with the gearshift and is for the intake system.
    No parts book pagereference, no item reference, and no part number that can be found in the Dino parts book - couldn't an ad be more misleading?

Now, look at what Superformance sell as the same for Gear linkage Rubber Boot £29.95, which looks correct
    http://www.superformance.co.uk/parts/2571f_246_gearshift_linkage_boot.jpg

If you're seeking a US distributor that takes returns back perhaps Rutlands, FerrParts, or McCann's old AllFerrariParts are options by sellers that know a Dino.

8. mrfiat

mrfiat Rookie

Apr 22, 2013
    #8 mrfiat, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2015
    Thank you for all the positive feedback.

All the best.

Best Regards,
    David

9. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    To echo what others have said, it is absolutely essential that you email/call to ask if Mr. Fiat has parts in stock before ordering. In my experience, at least half of what they stock is not immediately available for shipping, which leads to a very frustrating experience if you're in any kind of a hurry. Some of it is a multi-month wait

10. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Agreed. That said Mr. Fiat is an excellent source with good prices. I have physically visited their place in Atlanta and bought a ton of stuff from there mostly for a Fiat 500. They have always been very helpful and delivered what was promised. Defiantly a reliable vendor.