1988 Testarossa Euro Project Car. | FerrariChat

1988 Testarossa Euro Project Car.

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by mouser57, Sep 2, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mouser57

mouser57 Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2008
    Alberta
    #1 mouser57, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    ZFFTA17S000063805,
    Euro version, 30k miles, car is apart for reassembly, new parts include a 30k major kit, suspension bushings and new windshield in Crate. Single bolt wheels, new rotors and brakes with under 4,000 miles on them, last year for that option. Interior is not torn with minimal wear on drivers seat, color dye would bring it pristine. Dash not faded or cracked. What it needs, a new clutch assembly, and a new front signal market light. Complete car just in pieces, motor together but intake and injectors were removed for rebuild. One small dent on the bottom passenger rocker (second photo, caused by bolt on car hoist) rear valance on bottom lip needs straightening, front spoiler has a crack on bottom. Front and rear bumpers and, hood and bonnet and front fenders off of car for access to refit car. Good investment for the right person, not a lot of work to do mostly assembly. $85K USD, obo, you decide if it is for you. As I said car is complete. Last photo you can see condition of engine when taken out. Not much work just a little know how and TLC
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. mouser57

mouser57 Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2008
    Alberta
    Misprint was to be $75k

3. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    I would love the challenge of putting this back together

4. jim94-348

jim94-348 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2010
    Greenville, NC
    Full Name:
    Jim
    You mention it is a single lug wheel but the car is an 88. That should be 5 lug? Why are you selling and is the car at a shop? Not sure how you can move it with the motor out to ship it somewhere. Any ideas?

Can you post more picture?

5. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Jim the 5 bolts are 88 and a half.

6. mouser57

mouser57 Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2008
    Alberta
    #6 mouser57, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. dantm

dantm Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    YYZ, BOS, SFO
    Full Name:
    Dan B.
    Weren't you asking $60k on your website only one or two days ago?

8. jim94-348

jim94-348 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2010
    Greenville, NC
    Full Name:
    Jim
  9. jim94-348

jim94-348 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2010
    Greenville, NC
    Full Name:
    Jim
    What's the website?

10. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    I just realize the VIN is in the 1986 production. If the serial number is correct this car would have been a single mirror when new. May have been sold in 88 and upgraded by the dealer.

11. dantm

dantm Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    YYZ, BOS, SFO
    Full Name:
    Dan B.
  12. Peace Frog

Peace Frog Formula Junior

Apr 5, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Chad Denning
    Curious as to this and the $60k asking price as well... I'd be interested if both of these were true (it's actually an 86, could be put back to a single mirror and $60k was the asking price.)

PM sent.

13. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan

Yeah that's what I saw 60K firm and was interested as it looks like a relatively easy project, then I saw it on here I asked the question on the price but It was ignored.

14. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    6 days later and still no response.

15. eswilly

eswilly Karting

Jan 16, 2015
    Ouch.

Erik.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. versamil

versamil Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2013
    Gaston, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Brian Healy
    The owner and I have agreed to a purchase of the car. The model year of the car IS in question as I have already talked to him about the serial number not matching the year.
    I know it's really an 86 at this point. To import the car into the US, I think this will just need to be fixed.

This car is a little more difficult to move because not only is the engine out, but the suspension is also off. I'm going to pick it up and move it with my Freightliner box truck. I'll slide it into my truck using machinery skates after getting it up in the air 48 inches. Even with a 22 foot truck, I'm going to put a rack system into the front of the truck for all of the misc parts. Someone trying to move this without an adequately sized vehicle would be frustrating at best.

This is relatively easy IF you have another TR to at least look at. If you don't have one at your disposal, this MAY be a challenging project. Considering there's other complete cars for sale at 80K, there's NOT a tremendous upside to the car. Maybe if Testarossa values continue to climb, it will be OKAY, but looking at how many have shown up on Ebay lately, along with other sites where there are TR's together AND in the USA for 65K, a car like this can quickly turn into a money pit.

17. mouser57

mouser57 Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2008
    Alberta
    Emails were not Ignored, I have been travelling and am now in Seoul South Korea, and am suffering from jetlag and also work 10 hours in boardrooms. So any queries and responses will take a few days to response due to my schedule 6pm MST is 9 am the next morning in Seoul.i do not ignore question just overwhelmed with the flood of messages and answer them in order.
    Thanks

18. mouser57

mouser57 Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2008
    Alberta
  19. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan

I didn't say email was ignored, I said the question of your price was.

20. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan

Its not that dificult put it on a dolly and put it on a trailer its doesnt need a huge trailer just enough but logistically its not teally a big deal.
    As ar as it stating 1988 on the canadian title and it being a 1986 car I have a theroy on that.

But good luck with the project i enjoy your explanation of how hard it will be to put it back together is funny.

If you give up let ne know.

21. mouser57

mouser57 Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2008
    Alberta
    I have received a holding deposit on it with conditions

22. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    The theory of the title year is very easy. Cars sold new in Europe are sold with the model year of the year they were sold because they don't have the 10th digit for MY in the vin. So this car was probably sold as a new car in 1988 in Europe. When imported to Canada it was re-registered as it was in Europe. The mirrors were either done when new by the dealer to upgrade it 1988 model or it was modified at a later time by an owner.

Personally I would leave it as it is now.

23. mouser57

mouser57 Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2008
    Alberta
    I have received a holding deposit with conditions on payment

24. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan

Wonder if it was originally yellow then too?

25. mouser57

mouser57 Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2008
    Alberta
    Yes t is