Last movie you saw | Page 227 | FerrariChat

Last movie you saw

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PrettyBoy, Jun 21, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. muk_yan_jong

muk_yan_jong Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2008
    Full Name:
    Brian McKeown
    The LEGO Movie

Morgan Freeman's sarcasm is just great and it's a fun thing to see all of the isht I tried to build as a kid in motion. Very well done.

2. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Checking to see what people are seeing. My theater chain does a half priced Tuesday deal. For back to school week, the special is all week. Plan on seeing a movie every night.

3. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Avengers: Age of Ultron. Probably the best bad movie I have seen in some time. By that I mean the story is terrible, the dialogue inane, product placement is infuriating, and the interaction of the characters is ridiculous. By best I mean it looks great, and the sound & visuals are fantastic. I think I am over the whole comic book movie thing. Disclosure: didn't like Avenger I either, but interestingly I have liked all the individual Marvel movies. So go figure...

Chappie But Age of Ultron cannot compare to the crappiness that is Chappie. It suffers from the same problem District 9 did, lead characters so irritating that you find yourself hating not just that you bothered to watch, but that they even exist. In chappie the two rappers/actors (Die Antwoort) are such complete a-holes I found myself hoping they would meet a painful demise in every minute of the movie. There are some interesting camera shots and you can tell the director has skill at creating scenery. This director is doing Alien 5 next, so perhaps with a strong hand from the studio he can actually put out a product worth watching. Chappie isn't.

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Thanks for the Avengers Ultron review. It's been on my radar. I saw the first on an airplane flight and I thought it was reasonable light entertainment to kill 2+ hours. Two important questions, if I may. One, is there more Scarlett Johansson than the first Avengers movie? Two, is there more Iron Man? Those are two favorites in the Marvel Cinematic Universe!
    T

5. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    yes and yes.
    But Romanov at some point is "Auntie Nat!" to children that will remain undisclosed so I am not accused of spoiling, and Tony Stark acts stupid, which is not in his character but does provide for some attempt at a story. I found it insulting to both characters as it seems so different than what we have been led to believe.

TBH I was taken out of the story by the end of the cold open when Captain America was jumping one of the POS Curry-Davidson 750 bikes like it was an MX machine.

Two things:
    1) Captain America would never ride the base model within Harley's range (Ok they also make a 500 that is even sadder).
    2) That bike would be a pile of rubble after one, much less a series of jumps.

Then again, it made well over a billion dollars worldwide so what do I know...

6. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    It's real my friend. Not as horrible as Fast and Furious..

7. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Thanks. Let's hope it pops up on a transatlantic flight I'm on. :)
    T

8. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    I was on an SAS flight from Chicago to Stockholm. It was funny as nearly all the movie choices had some sort of Swedish or Nordic connection.
    For example;
    Ex Machina: Alicia Vikander
    Avengers 2: Peter Sarsgaard , Thor
    Prometheus: Noomi Rapace
    There were others, my brain is just to foggy at the moment to list them. Not sure where Chappie falls, maybe like clothing in department stores where there is intentionally some ugly shirts that manufacturers know will never sell but they catch your eye...Chappie is here to make the others look better.

9. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Consider yourself lucky, I had to sit through Smilla's Sense of Snow on My first SAS flight. Snoozer! Made me almost want to stay on the plane and go back home...T

10. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Terminator Genisys: better than I thought it would be based off the reviews. I really liked Arnold in this one. Still don't care for the guy that played John Connor (was also in last Planet of the Apes). He must have a great agent.

Fight Club: somehow I have never seen this movie. And still won't, i turned it off halfway through becuase it was so stupid. The base theme of feeling dead due to work and life hits home, pardon the pun. But the thought of a professional being constantly black and blue is nuts. A little too much style over substance.

Did I say style over substance? Look no further than Mad Max Fury Road. I would recommend watching it drunk and/or high. Visually awesome. Story is interesting. But overall so stupid you have to check out your brain, and I couldn't. I did like how it was somewhat unpredictable though. Very much overrated IMO.

Spy. i expected to hate it, but it was actually pretty funny. Definitely reminds of Bridesmaids. Jason Statham stole most of his scenes, he was great. Sequel seems inevitable.

11. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Mad Max Fury. Horrible..

Hitman Agent 47. Looked like a budget movie, with horrible effects.

Anyone watched the new Transporter yet?

12. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Mad max fury, entourage and terminator genesys: all complete and total ****.

13. muk_yan_jong

Oct 11, 2008
    Full Name:
    Brian McKeown
    Not a movie but re-watched South Park episode Major Boobage when seeing Showtime playing Bigger, Longer, and Uncut incessantly...

For a child of the 70s-80s it was a VERY impressive tribute to Heavy Metal.

14. Jmas

Jmas Rookie

Jun 27, 2015
    Man from Uncle, Mission impossible, and No escape. Enjoyed them all.

15. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Not a movie but the Narcos is a Netflix series you can binge watch. Really good, the actor that played Escobar was excellent. Mostly subtitled spanish, which in a wierd way I like as it is authentic.

16. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    You know when they're running out of ideas they bring in the kids. Hoping I wrong.

But I'm sure that I'll watch Age of Ultron anyway.

17. muk_yan_jong

Oct 11, 2008
    Full Name:
    Brian McKeown
    +1 - Known story but this was really well done

18. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Entourage. I really loved it.

But given the budget, why did they make a film, when they could have done an entire whole season?

Damn i miss the series..and the girls!

19. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    San Andreas : pretty boring. Most of the movie is cgi but j didn't see anything spectacular. If you told me it was done in 2005 I'd believe you.

20. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Nightcrawler

One of the best movies in a long time

21. time

time Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2011
    Full Name:
    DeeGee
    "..throw it in the gutter and go buy another.."

Straight Outta Compton brought back memories of my angry suburban youth. Ahh.. The days when drivebys where handled on 2 wheels with my slingshot and tha Walkman pumping **** Tha Police!!

22. espvh

espvh Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2005
    NEW YORK!
    Mission Impossible. Thought it was a good flick.

23. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Bottle Shock.

Not great, but entertaining if you're an oenophile. About how Napa wine got on the map.

CW

24. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    The Happening. I nearly fell asleep

25. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri