1987 Mondial 3.2 Coupe | FerrariChat

1987 Mondial 3.2 Coupe

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by ceb39, Aug 21, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ceb39

ceb39 Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2012
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    Chuck B
    #1 ceb39, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have just purchased another Ferrari. Wife says one Ferrari is okay, two not okay, so one of them has to go. Since I am moving up, the Mondial is the one to go. Although deep down I would like to keep both. I think I can be happy with one Ferrari, and more importantly the wife will be happy with one Ferrari.

We have owned this car since October of 2012. It has 65K miles on it now (when I bought it, it had 63K miles). It runs great, starts on the first try, and one of the shops I use, said it was one of the better running Mondials they had seen. Since purchasing the car I have put $26K into it. I have a binder with all records from my ownership, and I have records from the previous owner, but none from the first or second owner. The previous owner had a major performed at 58K in 2009. The car has passed the California smog tests required to register the car, every year since I have owned the car.

Car has a sun roof (which works), a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole Position tires. I would estimate that 80 to 85% of the tread is left on the tires, one manual, a tool kit, a black car cover, a Schumacher battery tender mounted in the front, a set of Hill Engineering pedals which I have not installed (they go with the car), two sets of keys, and a good spare tire (which is a Goodyear Eagle).
    I have done the following to the car:

1. New carpet installed at Cooks Upholstery, 2014.
    2. K40 system installed, front and rear, 2014.
    3. Window trim painted black, along with major paint chips repaired at FZ Restoration, 2014.
    4. A/C recharged and leak tested (A/C runs cold), note A/C compress is a Sankyo rotary type, not a York) Module which contains the A/C controls was replace at this time, 2014.
    5. C/V boots replaced at, 2014.
    6. New brake pads installed, rotors turned, new brake lines, and brake fluid changed, plus brake calipers painted red, 2013.
    7. All suspension bushing were replace by Brian Crall, plus a new fuel accumulator installed, 2014.
    8. Replaced front and rear sway bars, plus bushings, 2012. Still have the old sway bars if anyone wants them (but they are not free).
    9. Rebuilt the clutch slave cylinder, 2012.
    10. New thermostat and coolant. Car runs at 87 degrees C, in traffic, on the road, hot or cold, 2012.
    11. Clutch replaced by previous owner, 2010.
    12. All wheels have been removed from the car and the rims painted, 2012.
    13. Interior and exterior have been detailed by Magic Detailing, 2015.
    14. In 2014 (to find a miss) new spark plugs, extenders, wire harness, distributor caps, and rotors were installed. That cured the miss and the car runs strong now (it was a coil wire problem).
    15. Oil (Reline), oil filter, air filter, transmission fluid, fuel filter were all changed in 2014.
    16. Car does not leak any oil or coolant, garage floor is clean.

I plan to put the car in for a major, hopefully in September. After that I will have the car smog tested and obtain a California smog certificate, then sell it (unless I win the lottery then I will keep it).
    I will then put the car up for sale for $46,250. Basically a buyer would be paying $41,250 for the car and $5,000 for the major service.

Placing the car on F Chat first to let any fellow F Chatters have first crack at it.

Any potential buyers can contact the seller at the email address below. If you are interested be prepared to make a deposit on the car, already have one party interested in the car.

Car presently reside within the San Francisco Bay Area, where it can be seen.

Charles Buckley
    [email protected]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Looks great!

Yours is the first I've heard that has a suspension refurb (rides like new). That was going to be my next project but I sold the car as well.

Best wishes for an easy sale.

3. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    A 328 for half the price...Great looking car!

4. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

looks beautiful Charles

5. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Besides the major, what else does the car need?

Can you post interior pictures as well please?

6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    that is a beauty....

7. ceb39

ceb39 Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2012
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    Chuck B
    Have no pictures of the interior. Will take some tomorrow and post them.

Only other thing I would either do or have done to the car is fix the slight rattle in the
    driver side door. On rough roads it is a pain in the butt, on smooth roads or freeway
    there is no ratttle.

ceb

8. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Email Sent...

9. ceb39

ceb39 Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2012