Source for new Door /Targa Roof seal. GTS | FerrariChat

Source for new Door /Targa Roof seal. GTS

Discussion in '308/328' started by 308 milano, Sep 17, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Anyone know where I might find original door/roof seals for an 82 308 GTS without being bent over too badly? Even quality reproductions would be fine, keyword " Quality " can't tell you how many other items I've had to return to the usual source's as the piece was just cheap or extremely poor fit or finish. Tried using the "search function " but death would probably come sooner then success. Thanks in advance.:)

2. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    Reoriginals

3. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    The seal that goes around the bottom of the doors and over the back part of the roof opening is a standard profile piece and should be still available from the dealer. I got one from Lake Forest Sports Cars in IL for about $40 a few years ago.

4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    The big long piece around both doors and the rear of top opening is cheap as has already been said. Usually sold by the meter.
    The top side seals and the top front seal or header seal have never been cheap.

The side seals take quite a bit of fussy fitting prior to gluing them in place.

The header seal used to be NLA but I think it is being reproduced. I have a new original if you get stuck but it will be expensive.

5. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Guys are you kidding me? LOL I figured the price for the long piece that goes beneath both doors and then up over the rear Targa band would be at least $400 on a good day! $40? Oh yeah! Brian, the header piece above the front windshield is still good but I do need the two strips that glue on the removable top above both left and right door glass. Anyone have a set or know who I should call? You guys just made my day! Even at $100 I would consider it a good deal for that long piece of rubber!! Seriously, thank you

6. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Don't forget the Ferrari taxes.

7. TacElf

TacElf Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 15, 2010
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    The top-front seal was being reproduced by andyww here on FChat. Don't know if that is still the case. I picked one up a year ago just in case.

8. Matzo88

Matzo88 Rookie

Jul 27, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Joachim
    Hi,

probably you guys already know it... but here you can get some 308 rubber parts: www.cicognaniguarnizioni.it I have never ordered there so can't tell anything about the quality because until now the rubbers on my car are just fine.

Regards, Joachim

9. 4redude

4redude Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2005
    Fungus Corner
    Full Name:
    Brian Keegan
    Ferrari part number for the lower door/rollbar rubber gasket is 6170550 and should be readily available.

10. Iain

Iain F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2005
    UK
    Send a PM to Andyww, he had the front Targa seal remade

11. EP328

EP328 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Couple years ago I got the top side seals from Ferrparts. Don't recall price.

12. CT 328 GTS

CT 328 GTS Karting

Jan 31, 2006
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ricambi has them for about $160. Go to their site and type in 6170550.

13. waymar

waymar Formula 3

Sep 2, 2008
    Northeast, PA - USA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Martin
    MrFiat.com has many Ferrari item as well.

14. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    WOW! Thanks for all the information guys!
    Ep328 The rubber top seals that go above the left and right door glass, how do you like them? Do they seem to be holding up OK and a quality product? Thanks

15. EP328

EP328 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Ed
    They are fine. I had an upholstery shop install them when the interior was done 2 years ago.

16. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Thanks! Will give Puno at Ferrparts a call tuesday and order up a set if still available. Will get the Door rubber coming also but I wont be Home for another 10 days and need to see how many lineal feet I need to order . Thank you Guys.