Cookware opinions? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Cookware opinions?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by Nurburgringer, Jan 16, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Kurt...MIL gave us her ancient Griswold & Wagner skillets - smoother than a used car salesman. Even eggs don't stick. Will try roux when done with travel & deadlines. In a short while, you'll really have no time to make stocks! Best wishes & God bless on the baby front...T

2. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer F1 World Champ

Jan 3, 2009
    Texass
    #127 Nurburgringer, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    heh you're right Tom... neither me nor the wife is quite as enthusiastic about making a big mess in the kitchen anymore :)
    Just this week we defrosted 1/2 of the extra gumbo from the post above. Soooooooo good.

To this thread, I've been looking at 2qt saucepans since I torched our old, thin, wobbly handled stainless steel one on Thanksgiving after forgetting a duck glaze of honey, soy sauce, black vinegar and mirin was bubbling away... took a while to air out the house :/

This $37 Cuisinart deal just pop up on Gizmodo so ordered one as a Xmas gift for me and the wife:
    Amazon.com: Cuisinart MCP19-18N MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 2-Quart Saucepan with Cover: Kitchen & Dining[referrer|gizmodo.com[t|link[p|1669852505[a|B009P483I8[au|5727177402741770316

More than I like to spend on a rather small cooking vessel but I used our old 2 quarter quite a bit so WTH. The extra heaviness should make rioux and gravies nicer.

Will look sweet hanging up next to the All Clad fryer as well, but I maybe should put bigger hooks and chain up.... getting to be a lot of metal hanging above our kitchen island!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That's a good deal, about same on Amazon if you have Prime (free shipping). I still have two old Farberware (the ones with the black handles) pots and a non-stick skillet for the things I dare not cook with cast iron: rice, egg white omelets & oatmeal, and things like soup that I'm gonna store in the fridge overnight like when I make soup on Sunday while watching the games for dinner on Monday night. Have fun with the new cookware! …T

4. Brian Elliston

Brian Elliston F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2009
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Brian Elliston
    Just came across this thread. Surprised nobody mentioned Kitchen Craft. I originally saw these demonstrated at a food show in FL. Seven ply, 100% made in America and seems to last forever per the testimonials. I'm actually thinking about a position with the company. Food for thought.

kitchencraftcookware.com

5. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    For those interested, All-Clad just released a new collection under Keller's name. (It seems to be an amalgam of their standard stuff with a new lid.)

6. damian in nj

damian in nj Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2009
    Just moved, and the new condo has an induction cooktop-so I had to jettison my vintage Magnalite. I went with Italian Paderno World Cuisine cookware. I’ll report back after using it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

jm2 likes this.