trip to Italy - september 2015 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

trip to Italy - september 2015

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Martin D, Oct 2, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pyroguy

pyroguy Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 20, 2006
    Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Martin,
    You take much better photos than me. All my photos were with an iPhone and not near the composition of your photos. I just came back from Italy and France. Went to both Maranello and Modena. We only had 2 & 1/2 days. Did you do the experience Maranello show at the theatre in Maranello? Great video mapping. Camille and I were the only ones in the theatre at the end of the day showing. Very interesting video. Also loved the video at the Enzo museum. Wife actually got teary-eyed!

Bought too much balsamic in Modena! Ha ha. France was nice but for us you can't beat Italian cuisine!

2. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
    #27 Martin D, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    :D no, that wasn't my car. we were travelling with the car pictured below :)

the one in the Galleria is a maquette from Italdesign of the 360 Modena according to the description.

Martin
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
    thanks Steve.
    I took my canon dslr with me that takes quite good pics. and I gave it to a repair shop for a complete clean up before the trip :)

we had only 2 days in and around Maranello and we drove from Bardolino/lake Garda each time. first day was Maranello with Lamborghini factory tour in the afternoon. after that we went to the Museo Enzo Ferrari in Modena and back to lake Garda. the second day we drove to Pagani for the factory tour and afterwards to Maranello again. we had lunch at the Cavallino, walked a bit around and then went bak to lake Garda. I didn't want to stress my wife too much with cars :D but for next year I'm planning to do that trip again with some friends.

Martin

4. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
    #29 Martin D, Oct 3, 2015
    after the Gallaria Ferrari we walked down Viale Alfredo Dino Ferrari to Via Gilles Villeneuve were the entrance to the Fiorano track is.
    on the way we passed all the Ferrari rental shops and also Carrozzeria Zanasi. no pictures allowed there but we saw two very nice white LaFerraris and lots of FXXK parts in there.
    At the Fiorano track entrance we spotted a 488 GTB that just finished some laps on the track.

Martin

5. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
  6. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
    #32 Martin D, Oct 3, 2015
  7. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Car at the Ferrari Store in Maranello is a rebodied 166 MM/53 Spider Scaglietti #0308M/0050M.

Marcel Massini

8. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    Thank you for the great pictures! I am planning to visit the Ferrari museum next year. What's the best time of the year to be there (not too much people)? And which hotel would you recommend?

9. SizzleChest

SizzleChest Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2014
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    What a great trip! And wonderful pictures. Thank you very much for posting!

10. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Hotel Maranello Palace, right behind new factory entrance.
    Restaurant: NOT the Cavallino across the old brickyard entrance. Instead go to Ristorante Montana at north end of Fiorano racetrack where the legendary Mamma Rossella cooks absolutely fantastic. Museum-type restaurant with outstanding food and super charming people. Hundreds of Ferrari memorabilia, photographs, autographs, bits and pieces and parts on the walls and ceiling. Good chance to meet engineer Amedeo Felisa and/or Seb Vettel or Kimi R or factory test drivers Raffaele De Simone and Dario Benuzzi.

Museum visit: right at 9.30 am or after 5.30 pm. Why? Because during the entire day dozens of tour buses with thousands of visitors/tourists from all sorts of countries arrive and flood the Museum so that the cars can no longer be seen.

Marcel Massini

11. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Thank you for sharing your photos and memories with us. Fantastic! Thank you everyone for sharing your information and recommendations. :)

12. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
    thanks for the info Marcel :)

Martin

13. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
    as Marcel already said, best time is in the morning when they open (9:30am).
    We went to the Galleria at 10am which was ok, but after us a lot of people arrived. We spend around 45 Minutes in there but we didn't have a look at all the videos, pictures and info on the cars/walls as it got crowded more and more.
    You can buy a combi-ticket there for the Galleria and the Museo Enzo Ferrari in Modena. I think there's also a shuttle bus transfer between both museums but we didn't use it.

For hotel I have no recommendation as we stayed at lake Garda. I had a look online at the Ferrari Village (around 70€/night when I checked) but as my wife had already booked a hotel at lake Garda we didn't change that.
    I guess I'll try the Maranello Palace recommended by Marcel when we plan our next trip :)

unfortunately we didn't make it to Montana restaurant, only to Cavallino but that was quite good compared to the tourist food we got at lake Garda :D
    But Montana is definitive a must do for the next trip

Martin

14. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
  15. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
    #42 Martin D, Oct 4, 2015
  16. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
  17. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
    #44 Martin D, Oct 4, 2015
  18. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
  19. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    This is not a "Fantuzzi" Spider. This is a replica built by Franco Ferrari near Modena, using a chassis of a 330 GT 2+2 #5725 and fitted with an engine stamped #8831. Car owner is Mr. Gatti. The shop "Purosangue" in Maranello is run by Gabriele Candrini, formerly of Autospeak in Modena.

Marcel Massini

20. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Martin thanks for sharing your pictures and stories from your visit to Maranello. Many amazing cars in your travels there. The Boxer models were especially interesting to see!

21. pyroguy

pyroguy Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 20, 2006
    Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Keep me posted Martin. Maybe I can join you

22. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    The black Boxer is #23007.

Marcel Massini

23. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
    thanks for your input Marcel :)
    the black Boxer and the 365 belong to the same owner I was told.

Martin