Car Cover for a GT4 | FerrariChat

Car Cover for a GT4

Discussion in '308/328' started by DavidDriver, Oct 3, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DavidDriver

DavidDriver F1 Rookie

May 9, 2006
    Grass Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    David Driver
    Search provides nothing specific. Perhaps the keywords "car" and "cover" are too general and even "car cover" returns what looks like the entire 308/328 section.

So I decided to make a post. If you have different results, kindly post a link to what information (as long as it's not 10 years old) is available.

If not, then please share what you know about where to get a decent waterproof cover.

As some of you know, I recently brought my car home from the shop and I currently have the cover that came with it (a light cotton breathable cover), on it. However, that is not going to work with the coming rain. Without doors and windows, I'm stuck using visqueen under the cotton cover - which of course is a very poor solution.

Any suggestions you can offer regarding who makes the best cover for the $'s, I'd appreciate a referral.

Thanks.

2. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    I recently purchased a Coverking custom cover for my 308 GTS... I'd be surprised if they don't already have a pattern for the GT4.

Awesome cover... Highly recommended.

Cheers!

Ruben

3. ZOOOOMZ

ZOOOOMZ Karting

Aug 14, 2013
    Austin, Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Tim Cronin
    When I bought my car three years ago ('88 328 GTS), I had no garage, so the first thing I bought was a car cover. I bought a Weathershield HP Custom Fit Car cover with mirror pockets, from CarCoverWorld.com, for ~$300. My car was protected by this cover for 6 months through our winter, until I could finish my garage renovation, and since then, I use it daily to cover my car in the parking garage where I work (I drive my car alot).

I just went to their website, and they have a WeatherGuard Extreme cover listed for your specific car (I put in 1975 GT4, but you get the point), and it's on sale for $175.
    I absolutely love my cover, and would recommend it to anyone who needs one. Good luck!

4. dino_bob

dino_bob Karting

Sep 27, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Robert
  5. DavidDriver

DavidDriver F1 Rookie

May 9, 2006
    Grass Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    David Driver
    Thank you all for the recommendations!

I'll look, make a decision and then post what I end-up doing. Hopefully this thread will be a good reference for anyone in the future looking for a good cover.

Posting pics (if you have them) would be great too.

Thanks again,
    D.

6. dino_bob

dino_bob Karting

Sep 27, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Robert
    #6 dino_bob, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    Covercraft Evolution Car Cover
    Is the one I ordered just now.
    I got this one because it Breathes , the one on sale for $179 according to the sales person does NOT breath. So I paid only $206.

8. jimgolf1

jimgolf1 Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2013
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Jim Small
    Make sure you order from CoverKing directly. I bought one from a reseller and they sent the wrong one. It was a big mess to fix and in the end they credited me back and let me keep the wrong cover but it's too big.

9. 2RedCars

2RedCars Karting

Sep 6, 2014
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I recommend California Car Covers. They make them when you order it, and have several different types. I have ordered one for my '87 328, 2008 Mustang, and my '70 Torino GT. All fit perfectly.

10. kaliforniakid

kaliforniakid Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2010
    sf bay area
    Full Name:
    erik
    I had mine custom made by more than polish. It was perfectly made for my gt4. No other car cover company at the time would eliminate the passenger side mirror nor did they sound like they had a cover really made for a gt4.

Since my gt4 only has a driver side mirror I did not want the passenger side as an empty floppy piece. It's a perfect fit to both the shape of the car and the mirror. Shipping to US was reasonable. I've had it for about 5 years and still works great.

Car Care, Covers, Wax and Accessories - More Than Polish