Exotic Car Specialties | FerrariChat

Exotic Car Specialties

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by sunline, Oct 20, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sunline

sunline Karting

Dec 23, 2004
    Ashburn Virginia
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Anybody know where Josh, the owner of ECS, scurried off to? He cost me over 1000.00 for his shoddy workmanship. Have heard he cost others way more.

2. muk_yan_jong

muk_yan_jong Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2008
    Full Name:
    Brian McK
    He incorporated himself into some tuner/speed shop near Dulles Towne Centre.

3. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I see that the proprietor, Josh, was banned from F-chat. I could not seem to find the offending post or thread. Does anyone know why he was banned?

4. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Joe as I remember it was for continuos self promotion, he didn't want to become a sponsor, but wanted all the benefits of one.

I believe Rob pulled the plug.

5. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    I thought he moved to TX?

Many liked him, many did not. I have no experience with him.

6. sunline

sunline Karting

Dec 23, 2004
    Ashburn Virginia
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Josh was a great guy to deal with. Just too inexperienced to be trusted with Ferrari service.

7. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    Also heard he moved to TX. I personally like him and thought he did good work and was fun to talk cars with, but just wasn't organized to run a shop in that he tried to do everything as one person with a huge backlog.

8. powerpig

powerpig F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 12, 2008
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I've remained quiet about his work because Josh is a likeable guy. He had my Ferrari for months for a brake job. He put the wrong bolts back on and the rear tire came off. He removed the front spoiler on my Maserati to do an oil change and didn't reattach it correctly. It fell off at 110 mph. He also didn't reattach the heat shield. Found that out to late as I had moved away.

Nice guy, but no way in hell will he ever come near one of my cars.

9. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Wonder if the folks in TX would like to know all this.

10. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    I'm happy to share my experiences privately with any of our Austin area members.

11. ferrariman79

ferrariman79 Rookie

Nov 30, 2015
    Maryland
    I see these guys are no longer around. Wonder how their work was at their shop.

12. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Mostly it was just him butchering up... I mean working on people's cars. If the work was good it's a safe bet he'd still be around. Anyone buying a Ferrari in the same state as the aforementioned would be wise to have a legitimate, qualified Ferrari mechanic look it over.