Hamilton v Rosberg Thread | Page 55 | FerrariChat

Hamilton v Rosberg Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by IamRobG, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Ruthless agression; I would call it an agressive driving style (Stalin was ruthless). And I'm sure it's not just Hamilton. And secondly he only seems to do on Rosberg. as a by product of the Mercedes dominance and their mutual disagreement.

He said something else in Austin. But ofcourse it's a LH's act. LH taking an advance on his future acting career as "the tough kid from the back streets of London" where he grew up and which gave him such a tough upbringing. That's is how I believe he described it last season.

Rosberg was on the outside, that's what happens at race starts, people either end up on the outside or the inside after the main straight. Normally the first one to enter the first corner on the inside takes the racing line and the lead....;)

2. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    According to Lauda they started with a one-stop strategy in mind. After looking at the first set of tyres it seems that they changed their mind, they set more pace to get enough gap over the RB who they expected to do a one-stop at the time.
    As soon as they realized that RB was also on a two-stop they took it easy and covered the race with the safety stops to be sure that there will be no tyre issues.

3. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    They pretty much all do that, it's just part of today's PR driven world.

4. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    This guy is a fake.

That's why he will never be great.

5. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    And as educated fans we should accept it.

So the smart ones pretend to be nice guys for the fans and the sponsors. So what ?

All this crap about Vettel being sincere. People forget the bad days so quickly.

6. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    M. Schumacher was the King of Canned Performances.
    Another loser.

7. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Let's blow some myths and put the record straight here.

Hamilton wasn't born in poverty, nor did he grew up in the back streets of London.

His father was a middle-class director in 2 companies he founded, who provided Lewis with a cosy upbringing including paying for him to do karting from a early age. Not really hardship, is it. Stevenhage is a residential quiet small town North of London, nor really a ghetto for minorities.

Hamilton and his entourage have been peddling this "rag to riches" story to impress the gullibles.

8. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
    3 championships under his belt and he is a fake? Haters gonna hate.

9. ELP_JC

ELP_JC Formula 3

Dec 13, 2008
    Fake person, not a fake driver :).

10. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

+1

11. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
    Remember when everyone said the same about SV when he was a Red Bull. He made it point to stick his finger up every chance he got. He was very unlikable when he was on top.

12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I liked Vettel then, and I like him now.

I like Rosberg too.

13. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Yep. He was pretty insufferable for a while

14. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    He had the ''finger'' since his F3 days. It's also the finger that was almost sliced clean off in a FR3.5 accident...

+1

15. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Bah, sour grapes of yours, William, that's all. How can a man who himself says:

"I think that my situation today is comparable with the one into which were, in their time Muhammad Ali, Usain Bolt, or Tiger Woods"

not be great, I ask you, hmmm?

Knowing that you read french, I put the link to the french version, but the english one is also available...

F1, Formule 1 - Infos - Hamilton se compare à Usain Bolt, Mohamed Ali et Tiger Woods | Nextgen-Auto.com

Rgds

16. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes I like them, what's not to like about great drivers, and I'd tell them to their face if they were up close.

17. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Interesting as neither Ali, Bolt or Woods need any major equipment to achieve their results wheras Hamilton relies on a superior car...Not the best comparison he did, some might even say an unworldly one.

18. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    For him, the saying: "Reden ist Silber, Schweigen ist Gold" is usually very appropriate...

Rgds

19. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Hahaha, that would obviously work for both of the Mercedes team drivers lately

20. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes, so then to judge a superior driver we have to use teammate comparisons, because otherwise, we could say Rubens was as good as MS, Webber was as good as Vettel..and so on.

To dismiss that extra inherent talent needed to be on top of the heap, of all the F1 drivers, just by saying, all that's needed is a superior car, is an insult to all WDC winners IMO.

21. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    LOL! Das stimmt! :D

For those who haven't learned some German, the saying is: "Speaking is silver, silence is golden".

All the best,
    Andrew.

22. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    There was a pun half-intended on the car, which is silver, and on Lewis habits as for jewels: gold.

Rgds

23. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    How was the A.J Foyt quote?
    "Press Relation, I don't need no P.R, my right foot is my best P.R"

Rgds

24. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Even better :D
    No, you turn my words again as needed. I did not say that all one does need is a superior car and you will be WDC for certain but I said that every WDC needed a superior (or least competitive) car. Woods needs some rackets, Bolt some shoes and Ali some gloves so if they beat someone it is only by their own abilities and nothing more.
    Sorry if you do not understand (and Hamilton obviously does not either) that F1 is a team sport rather than just individual. But Hamilton named only individuals but he is part of a team. Apart from that is someone mentioning himself among the greats of sports (whoever one think they) very suspect to me, comments like this are only a sign of delusion of grandeur...

25. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I fully understand what you said, you are now adding words to your original comment, ie :
    Ok what you did say or lets say, you inferred it, by stating
    However only when I have pointed it out to you by going by that measure, the same would apply about Vettel ect, you have now realized the error in your comment, or is there another motive.

And comparing using the analogy of boxing and golf players to F1 drivers..is somewhat bizarre to say the least.

If Hamilton wants to think like a winner, what is wrong with that, 3 x WDC in his trophy cabinet, tells me he can back his chat up on the track,.. ok next.