lowering F430... | FerrariChat

lowering F430...

Discussion in '360/430' started by Freddan, Nov 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik
  2. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    That looks great

3. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Yeh looks great but I can see the tyres touching the wheel arches from here. Let alone when you drive it. I would like to lower mine too but it already scrapes regularly at stock ride height...

4. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Agree. Looks good, but really impractical. Such a set up would result in a lot of fender rubbing.

5. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    Dude I wouldn't you'll regret it

Mine was lowered, looked awesome but almost underivable, bottomed out on everything, raised it to Scud specs much much better for every day driving.

If this is just a show car for you then go ahead, but if you drive it like I do don't bother.

6. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik
    don´t focus on that specifick car... the question was if it is possible to lower the car around that area with the stock springs... in generally.

thanks

7. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    #7 greyboxer, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    Yes - there was a lot of fuss about ride height from new and there's a lot of adjustability - I think it was covered in multiple threads at the time

8. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik
    good answer, thanks Jimmie

9. martiy1971

martiy1971 Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2015
    Alberta
    Full Name:
    Robert Martineau
    #9 martiy1971, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You can go that low but it makes driving almost impossible. Aside from the rubbing issues you'll have, you'll be scraping everywhere and not just the front lip.

Leave the slammed look to the advertisers and lower to a realistic height. I went 8 turns on the factory coilovers for about 3/4". I tried 12 turns which should equal about 1.5" and it was way too much.......1st scrape was only about 1/4 mile from home.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik
    thanks Robert, not gona go that low - just curious how low you can go with the original springs.

Before my F430 i had a F355 that i lowerd pretty much wich worked out just fine.. had to change the springs on it to get it in the right height. front did not get that low as the rear did on that modell.

11. Ferrari Nube

Ferrari Nube Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    British Columbia
    #11 Ferrari Nube, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    On my 430 Spider, it was lowered 1" on stock wheels when I bought it. Looked great and drove well, as you really notice how close to the ground you are even though it's only an extra inch. Maybe that lowered feeling was partly derived from my racing seats as well, but it felt awesome.

However, it was a bit painful to drive normally on the streets in my city as I would have to be excessively careful with speed bumps, drive aisles and every other uneven aspect of crappy roads.

Recently, I put 20" HRE P47's on the car, but raised it back to factory height. While I love the look of the aftermarket wheels, it does look odd at factory height.... I want to lower it again but don't want the pain...

Point is, it's not practical to lower it too much as bad roads and potential for fender rubbing will be an issue. In addition, I installed a CF rear diffuser and don't want to destroy it on uneven pavement. I noticed that several fins on the OEM rear diffuser were quite scratched from bottoming out....

However, if you really want to lower it, I'd only go as far as the Scuderia riding height... check some of the threads for information on that...

Cheers
    FN

12. bkthomps

bkthomps Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2012
    USA
    my 430 is set at "Euro height" which lets me place two fingers between the tire and fender, it's just about perfect for everywhere, wouldn't' go any lower

13. TnT F430

TnT F430 Karting

Jan 26, 2015
    Granite Bay, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Measuring from the floor to bottom of the fender arch what is Euro, Scud and US factory height? The PO did some adjustments on mine so I don't know where it was to start with. I did H&R springs and initialy was way to low. I ended up with the front at 26" and rear at 27" on my 430. Looks right, not slammed, and easier to drive. Also front skid plates help.

14. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Kind of seems like the 360 bodywork lends itself to going a bit lower.

15. secondsole

secondsole Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2013
    O-H!
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I slammed mine on stock springs, bad bad bad idea. Can't drive 100yrds. Put her back up to Euro height which is lowering about 1.25".

16. secondsole

Feb 28, 2013
    O-H!
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I also put .5" spacers up front and rear after lowering. It's a good look without looking like a rapper or NFL players car.

17. Kdog

Kdog Karting

May 29, 2015
    I thought Euro spec was more like 3/4" or 20mm lower. I just lowered mine 1" on stock springs and some very minor rubbing on the rear only
    Trying to decide if i should have rear fenders rolled or raise it back a 1/4"? Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. secondsole

Feb 28, 2013
    O-H!
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Kdog did you put spacers on the back? I had 1" spacers on the back, it rubbed, then I just put .5" spacers on instead and it tucked the wheel in just enough so the fender can't touch it. I would stay away from fender rolling, for resell reasons.

19. Kdog

Kdog Karting

May 29, 2015
    Secondsole. Great point. Not sure what spacers are in there but will find out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    ******* my 430 scrapes the front at 70mph at stock height on average roads. Worse than my 360. Lowering it...no

21. speeddup

speeddup Rookie

May 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    Joey Laong
    Dmaisano1 and bocaf430 like this.
  22. Beaker430

Beaker430 Karting

Apr 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    Christofer Hoff