Ferrari 355 gated gtb to 16' Audi S4 let the bashing begin! | FerrariChat

Ferrari 355 gated gtb to 16' Audi S4 let the bashing begin!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by nsx2F355, Nov 7, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nsx2F355

nsx2F355 Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2013
    SLC
    Full Name:
    Tony
    The 355 was my dream car for the longest time. I can't remember ever wanting a different car. After 3 1/2 years I've let her go for financial reasons. Needed to free up some cash. S4 should be fun and can put my grandmother in the back who I take care of. Problem is there is almost no passion for audi. Hoping to be in a 355 Spider again soon. Let er rip!

2. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    What to rip? An Audi for a DD is a fantastic choice! We've had 5 now - started with 98 A4, then a 2002 allroad (manual), then a 2007 S4 Avant (manual), currently have a 2010 S5 (manual) for me and a 2014 S7 (DCT) for wife. Brilliant cars, especially in winter conditions where Audi's quattro with the torque vectoring rear differential make them better than anything else on slick conditions (use proper winter tires, of course). Nicest interiors in each class compared to equivalent BMW and Benz, too.

3. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    The S4 is a great car in my opinion and should suit her and you just fine, family first.

4. nsx2F355

nsx2F355 Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2013
    SLC
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Kind words thank you. I'm looking forward to zipping around. I went with the DSG or stronic. 19's and going to lower it a bit and leave it alone.

5. nsx2F355

nsx2F355 Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2013
    SLC
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Just picked it up. Went with Sepang. SEPANGME!!!!

6. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations. Nothing to criticize. You did what you had to do and you'll be back.

7. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    The 16 S4 is a bad *** car! Wife drives an A4 stick and she absolutely loves it.

8. piezo

piezo Formula 3

May 27, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Steven
    S4? Nothing to complaint except that a RS4 would be a better choice :D

But S4 is an excellent choice as a DD.

9. Hobacks427

Hobacks427 Karting

Nov 2, 2014
    North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Neil
    No bashing from here: have had several Audi's over the years (current is an '08 RS4) and my experience matches the positive comments posted here. Enjoy and add back an F-car!

10. BucksTifoso

BucksTifoso Karting

Nov 24, 2013
    Furlong, PA
    Full Name:
    Randy Crownover
    I HAD an S4 and loved. It was so capable, comfortable, great torque, make great sounds. But, it was so subtle. Other than the S4 badge, brushed aluminum side mirror housings, and wider tires, it was almost distinguishable from the standard A4. I sold mine so that I could buy my 355 and have never regretted it. They are two different cars of course. If I could have afforded it I would gave kept it and had the best of both worlds.

11. DrewH

DrewH F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I recently watch a segment on the news where they rated the Audi S4 the most reliable car you can buy. I think that it was a JD Power survey of actual warranty claims. I was surprised that Audi beat out Lexus/Toyota etc. It may not be as nice to look at or as fun to drive as a 355 but I can guarantee you that it is more reliable.

12. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    I'm surprised! I considered an S5 for a daily driver but was put off by all of the carbon build up threads online. (not specific to 3.0t but all direct injection Audi's).

Went with an ISF instead as it has both port and direct injection but am regretting not going with a manual trans car.

Anyway, congrats on the new car Tony! Not as pretty as a 355 but certainly more practical.

13. Emartleb

Emartleb Karting

Dec 6, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Val Beltrame
    There's nothing to bash. I have a 2013 S4 and love it. If you needed something with a backseat, you could have done a lot worse than an Audi S4. It's fast, handles well, and mine is (thus far) dead reliable. Very happy with that car and purchase.

14. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I'm on my third Audi and just ordered a new TT. Some of the best cars (and definitely interiors) on the road.

15. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004

Nothing wrong with that.