Opinions on Auto Sprint? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Opinions on Auto Sprint?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Dizengoff, Nov 7, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    PS - good experience with Continental as well.

2. Dizengoff

Dizengoff Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2011
    Chicago
    I'm sure...it's not a complex setup--since when are carburetors and a distributor complicated? I came to the F car world from the 911 world--modified, backdated 911's are very common and no Porsche mechanic thinks twice about working on a car like that.

I figured that sentiment would carry over to the Ferrari world but I guess not.

3. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
    While I can't comment personally on your situation, there had to be an ulterior reason for both LFSC and Continental AutoSports to decline the work. Again I'm not suggesting anything specific as I don't know ANY of the facts, I am just speculating.

4. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    I have to agree with this recommendation, and I have never used them...To many personal comments in favor of this business...Know where they came from in the past also..

5. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    Since you do not claim to know anything but hear-sea ...suggest your comment is just BS...Too many have had good results with this business to post non-specific comments...other than just verb age on your own part...

6. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    Continental Autosports is a great place. I have had no issues with them. Auto Sprint has also done work on my 328 and I have had no issues with them either. Both were fast to complete the job(s) and they were done right the first time.

7. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
    #32 Continental AutoSports, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
    Thank you for the kind words.

To clarify, Continental AutoSports has been dealing with AutoSprint - on a personal and business level - for 30 something years. Giovanni is first-rate and AutoSprint is fully respected by everyone here, as they should be. In regards to the denial of service to a particular customer, as stated previously, there had to be a legitimate reason LFSC AND Continental AutoSports denied the work - but I can assure you with 100% accuracy there was a reason, however it wasn't at all personal. Moreover, to comment on it in any capacity in terms of specifics would not be truthful or fair as I know absolutely nothing about it.

8. Herky

Herky Rookie

May 16, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Benjamin Schmitt
    Giovanni is a good man and Autosprint is a good shop. Period. I'm surprised of your experience based on my few years with them. The type of Italian mechanic that can sense the problem of these cars and get right to the answers.

I've never been surprised by a bill but then again I have reasonable expectations. Guys, these are old Ferraris we are talking about.

If your car is nice enough (i.e. not a hunk of junk), it will not be sitting outside. My C/4 always gets wheeled inside while it's there overnight. One thing that they fight is other customers who dump their car their and take forever to pick it up. For example, that red 911S sitting right in front? That is a customer that wanted them to take a look at it and now they won't return AS's many many calls (believe me, they want it gone, it's been there over a year).

The only complaint I have is that they are always busy and getting your car in with them sometimes takes a lot of extra calls to force their hand. Once your car is in, they are usually pretty quick in getting it done. It's not a terrible problem for them to have, to be constantly busy, right?

I'd rather go to an independent shop. I'm not the type of person that wants to pay more for a latte and a guy in a suit and a shiny floor. Some people like that stuff though and some people don't want to go into the city to get their car serviced.

I cannot speak to the dealers but I'm sure you would do ok going to them as well. I can guarantee you, thought, that people have had their share of problems there as well. Any business like this will have customer service quirks now and then. And sometimes the customers are idiots (I'm not implying that anyone on this thread is an idiot).

I may take my car to Continental there as well someday, as I know one of the guys there. Not as convenient based on where I live now though. Ok, rambling over.