Sticky Solution | FerrariChat

Sticky Solution

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Starfish, Nov 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Starfish

Starfish Rookie

Feb 28, 2012
    So Cal
    #1 Starfish, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I removed the part with the intention of sending it to a company for cleaning. My fingers were such a mess afterward, I tried a cleaning product my wife had stashed away. It did such a good job on my fingers, I tried it on the part. All I can say is...AMAZING! My wife purchased the Goo D-solv-r at a Tri-Valley Supply in Thousand Oaks, CA for $10. I also did my ashtray and plan to do some other parts soon.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

whatheheck likes this.
  2. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    A huge improvement for a small investment! How often can you do that with these cars?

One note-- while I've never heard of it happening in this application, I have had citrus based products soften plastics before. Since these interiors are constructed of various types of plastic it might be wise to be cautious as you start on different pieces, maybe testing a bit on the back before applying to the front. It's very unlikely that you'd actually have a problem, but it could be expensive if you did, so better safe than sorry.

Thanks for sharing the tip. :)

3. SizzleChest

SizzleChest Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2014
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Great job! Looks (and feels) so much better!!

4. Einsteiger

Einsteiger Karting

Oct 9, 2014
    Overland Park, KS US
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Great result, but I agree with Mike...use as little of a new product as it takes to get the job done, then use something neutral, like a damp cloth, to remove the goo-disolver. Hard to argue with those results! Goo-Gone is another inexpensive formula that works really well. 1 Einzett Plastic/Vinyl Cleaner is the stuff I use for interior goo, but I get that from Detailers Domain.com

5. Starfish

Starfish Rookie

Feb 28, 2012
    So Cal
    Agree...I used just enough product to loosen the goo, rubbed off gently with terry cloth, then rinsed parts with no electronics with water (mirror base plate and ashtray). Parts with electronics (parking, hazard and mirror buttons) I held upside down, applied product to terry cloth, rubbed goo off, then used a damp cloth to clean part and set it aside upside down overnight to dry completely (didn't want to risk getting any product or water inside the electronics). So far, so good. Everything works, plastic hasn't softened and I'm very happy with results.