SCUD pricing guide | Page 67 | FerrariChat

SCUD pricing guide

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Aug 18, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jonsav

Jonsav Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2014
    Canada
    love it, makes me laugh out loud everytime haha

2. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    just started looking at this thread...

ONE COMMENT:

scud 09.... You got a great sense of humor!! haven't read all posts.. but I take my hat off to ya.. keeping your kool and a smile on your face! so many would of turned this into a pissing contest.. and turned it ugly!!

now if that has already happened....

then disregard the above! LOL

3. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    You missed the party my friend hahaha.

4. scuderia09

scuderia09 Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2007
    #1654 scuderia09, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
    But everything i said 2 years ago all came true , lol..... from 150k to 299k which all I predicted would happen did happen , what do I know i,am just a crazy Italian,

5. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    I don't care who has been right or wrong as far as predictions. As long as prices keep climbing! lol

6. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    i can't disagree with either comment hahaha.

7. scuderia09

scuderia09 Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2007
    Me too, I,am with you all the way , few years back everyone was hampering me about the prices on scuds. would loose there value when the 458 start comming in , scuds. price have been climbing every since, "AMEN"

8. JuniorGTR

JuniorGTR Karting

Mar 6, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Jr
    So things I have learned about that car.

Wasn't optioned with CF headlights, had cf diffuser. New replacement diffuser is chipped up but was "touched up" with what appears to be a black marker by the dealer after trade in. No front CF spliter, front bumper was repainted, hood and bumper have clear bra but the front fenders have nothing which make me think something is up with the front end. Lower rocker panels have some decent paint chips. Car was sold to another guy and he traded it in for a GT3-RS, so I can safely assume this car was tracked. While the price seemed attractive given the market for these cars I think the "little stuff" adds up and I will passing on it unless they are willing to renegotiate the numbers.

Shame, I really like the color combo too.

Jr

9. koop

koop Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2011
    #1659 koop, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    I have noticed a few 430s with clearbra only on the hood and bumper. I was told that the design of the fenders (since they are both connected and one big piece) requires a very large roll of film and many installers don't have this size so they just skip the fenders completely (or some make a seam down the center). Chips on the rockers, repainted bumpers and scraped diffuser are all very common. Personally I'd still consider the car if it passed a thorough PPI.

10. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #1660 freshmeat, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    JR, you are very lucky you decided to pass on that vehicle. I know the car very well.

It was a local bay area car with some colorful history.

Originally purchased from Florida for 165k. Arrived with some weird sh!et from the get-go.

Brake pads were for stainless steel rotors not CCM lol.

Dashboard plastic and upholstery were warped and peeling off. Roof upholstery fell off not too long after.

Car did NOT come w US carbon package and the carbon rear diffuser was added later.

A lot of the engine bay carbon panels were fogged up, the airbox and oil lids were replaced by aftermarket pieces.

As for the clear bra, not sure why the fenders weren't covered anymore, he did have the whole front half of the car clear bra'd at some point.

Hubs were also modified to take on centerlock wheels, which for whatever reason (maybe improper install?) caused terminal vibrations in the steering.

The steering belt on that car has snapped twice. After the 2nd snap owner decided to call it quits, returned it to stock and traded it in for a black GT3 not an RS.

Hope that helps.

11. AlgaeHater

AlgaeHater Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2004
    Bellevue, WA
    Wheels appear to have been repainted too. That dull grey finish is not factory.

12. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Might just be the lighting. When it arrived in the bay area, the wheels were 100% oem.

13. AlgaeHater

AlgaeHater Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2004
    Bellevue, WA
    In that case it looks like someone cleaned them with a scotchbrite pad

14. scuderia09

scuderia09 Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2007
    but I love proving you wrong all the time ," FRESHMEAT" ha ha ha ha

15. griffith500

griffith500 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2010
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #1665 griffith500, Dec 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    FChatter just raised his asking price $29K in the for sale section. I think it's a smart move...

17. wolfturbo

wolfturbo Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Rob W.
    Yeah, that always helps when something hasn't sold in two years!!!

18. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Time will tell...Interesting times for the Ferrari market. Looks like he posted it here August 2015.

19. koop

koop Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2011
    While I can't speak for where the market is headed, I do know that I wouldn't sell mine for anything less than (or even close to) what I paid!

Now if some other car could replicate or surpass the scud experience, I would perhaps reconsider...but until then I'm holding on!

20. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    259k! I wonder if he is remotely serious about selling the car, it has been listed for 2+years!

21. augustxke

augustxke Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2009
    MN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Thomas, nice scud, you will have fun with it.

22. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    I guess you will hold the Scud for a loooooooong time! ;)

Faster cars will come, but there will be no more a true "Scuderia" from Ferrari. They missed it with the Speciale to duplicate this rawness, this pureness, this direct and immediate driving pleasure, it will never happen again this brutal F1 Gearbox. Now the chapter "Scuderia" is completed, the book is closed.

With the 488 Ferrari has opened a complete new book, a new exciting story with brutal turbo power in the center. Even exciting, but different.

23. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Saw this today at a local car meet....CNC has this one of one Blue Abu Dhabi Scud 5k miles for $300k...beautiful.

[​IMG]

Sent from my 16M

24. Jonsav

Jonsav Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2014
    Canada
    they got it for 190... lots of room to play.. it was for sale with mine up in canada

25. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    Beautiful blue color