Finally a Porsche owner (again) | FerrariChat

Finally a Porsche owner (again)

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by lear60man, Dec 10, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    #1 lear60man, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Over the years I slowly built up my 'fun' car fund to the point that I could by a Testarossa. I had a string of Pcars as semi daily drivers that I would drive for a while and flip for a small profit. My last Porsche was a 996 back in 2005.

While I love my TR, I wanted another daily driver fun car that I wouldnt stress over leaving it in a parking lot. My budget was around $40k. That slowly crept up as I drove a 2014 991 with PDK. Great car but I was hoping for a modern version of a 964 (I had a couple over the years and loved them all). Problem was, I couldnt see paying $40k+ for a high mileage 964 and I didnt want to pay $75k for a 991 that was going to loose another 10% come Jan 1st.

I bought a 2008 C4S. It was the only White/Tan/Manual S 997 in the country that I could find. The ad had a picture taken with a Poloroid and the description, "Car is in good to excellent condition." I went on vacation and the seller pulled the ad, but I saved the number. We connected, had a PPI done. No over revs, perfect factory paint, full dealer history, original window sticker. It needed a detail, new front brakes, rear tires and the drivers inner door handle was broke (common problem on the 997). We adjusted the asking price to reflect the work needed and she came home last Sat.

Detailed the hell out of her and brought back some beautiful leather, replaced the door handle bracket and new factory brake pads. New tires are due to arrive tomorrow. The rears are $500+ a corner, ouch.

Impressions: Its the perfect continuation of the 911. Gobs of power, G50 like shifting and an adjustable on the fly suspension. Luxury or track at the touch of a button. The interior design is perfect....modern but still looks like a Carrera.

My DD is a white Range Rover....but hasnt moved since the new girl pulled up.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    You can enter the first PCA concours now at Warner Center in Jan. '16.

Beautiful-- love seeing those white ones.

3. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Nice! Congratulations on the new 997.

I love my 997. I use it as a daily driver, and it's incredible how practical it is, considering it is a almost 400 HP sports car. Decent gas mileage, rear seats for the kids, and a happy pedal for when you want to have fun. What more can you ask for?

4. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Very nice.

5. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Manda, when is the PCA concours event? Warner center is down the street from me.

6. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Disregard, reread Mandas post. How does one join the PCA?

7. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug