Advice on F430 purchase | FerrariChat

Advice on F430 purchase

Discussion in '360/430' started by jamfahey, Dec 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jamfahey

jamfahey Rookie

Sep 6, 2015
    Folks,

I have been a Corvette guy for a long time and have a few (1960, 1963 SWC and a 1969). I have always dreamed of the Ferrari and am getting close to making the move (of course staying in the Corvette world as well). I have loved the 308, but the price jump over the past couple of years showed me I was too slow. I really like the F430, incredibly beautiful. I will probably end up getting one over the next few months.

To be honest, I know nothing about them, I just like them a lot. I saw an F430 at a local dealer and I would like to get your expert opinions. Does it look like a reasonable deal? is there anything I should be careful about?

Thanks in advance,
    Jim

Used 2006 Ferrari F430 For Sale | Norwood MA

2. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
  3. Perkins

Perkins Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2013
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Welcome to the forum. This topic has been covered numerous times and I would strongly suggest you use the "search" function. Lots of good info on this forum!

4. KM1959

KM1959 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2014
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #4 KM1959, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    Having scoured the F430 market recently you can get a more-equipped car with maybe 8K more miles for much less than that. However if you love that color combination, and that car is as beautiful close up as it is in the pics, the $10K you save by shopping around won't be worth it.

I didn't look too hard at the listing but if the headers have not been replaced you'll need to. Aftermarket is an option but expect about $5K for OEM Mk2s to be installed.

Best of luck to you!

5. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    It looks like a very nice car, and you know how and where it's been serviced. Have you driven a 430 yet? If not do so.
    I bought a 430 in June and drove several until i found the one I wanted. It sounds like you saw it in person. Another must do. I made several trips out of state based on the sales persons description of condition and the cars were not as described. Glad I didn't buy it sight unseen.

Will the dealer offer a limited warranty? Some will offer a 1 year warranty on 430's. As for price, that's at the high end of 2006 models based on my searching. Even so, if its the car ya want... go for it.

6. bkthomps

bkthomps Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2012
    USA
    i don't think having lower mileage on the 05-07 is really of benefit, you will pay more money for a lower milage 08-09 (and the carbon brakes...$$$$$) but with the 05-07, i'd get a higher mileage one with less out of pocket costs, EXPECT the headers/tires to need funds

7. clex2

clex2 Karting

Aug 30, 2009
    Price seems a bit high for this low optioned car. I looked for a few months and bought my 430 spider a month or so ago for not much more than the car you are looking at. My car had every option imaginable for an 06, and had only 1600 miles. I would definitely get the price down a bit on that car.

8. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    I think you can probably get that car for 131-132k which would be a fair price for the car. Just make sure the headers have been taken care off.

9. 458 at 50

458 at 50 Karting

Oct 17, 2014
    Arizona
    #9 458 at 50, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You picked a great car. I have a Z06 and a 1970 convertible stingray as well as some Porsches. Love the Vetts and Porsches but nothing like a F430. I picked one up about a month ago after doing research for over 6 months. Drove many f430 as well as Lambo's, like the Ferrari better. Find the color combination you want as there are plenty out there to choose from. I agree with other posts that the older model you will have header issues, I ended up going to 2008 with 6k miles to ensure no header issues (although you can never be 100% sure) and was able to negotiate Ferrari dealer down to what I felt was a good price. I have a smile on my face every time I drive it. You won't be disappointed. Good luck with your search.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #10 Dicecal, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. KM1959

KM1959 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2014
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    What Bob said. Absolutely see it with your own eyes and even better, go back and check it out again after your emotions have calmed down. Every car (except the one in my garage) I checked out looked perfect in pics but less so in person. Test drives showed a weird door creak which made me dig deeper and find that the car was in an accident. This didn't disqualify it but the fact that the door rubbed on the jam quite hard even though the gaps were perfect did.

12. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Take your time. Search the forum and learn about the cars here. That's what I did. Figure out which options, color, etc you want and then start your search. It may take a while before you find what you're looking for. It's part of the process and part of the fun.

13. redmist2015

redmist2015 Rookie

Mar 29, 2015
    Having bought one in the past 4 months, I would say this car is WAY overpriced for the following reasons. 1) very few options on this car ... NO lower/upper carbon. No Ceramics. Standard seats. Standard stereo/gps .....No parking sensors. No challenge bits and pieces (rear grill. Wheels. etc). Mileage is good. This car should be priced around $120.

14. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Also, the 430 is a great car. Very dependable.

15. jamfahey

jamfahey Rookie

Sep 6, 2015
    Folks,

Comments very very helpful. I wrote down them all!!! I'm still learning, and will take all the advice I can get. Looks like this one may be overpriced for the low options and year. I havent asked them about the headers or tires.

thanks so much, this site is great!!

Jim

16. GordonF355

GordonF355 Formula 3

Aug 13, 2005
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    my advice - literally read all the 430 posts on here you can! You will learn all you need to know. That is what I did before I purchased my 360. Good luck and enjoy the ride!