Daytona= Amazing and post restoration pics | FerrariChat

Daytona= Amazing and post restoration pics

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Ferrari 360 CS, Dec 16, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    #1 Ferrari 360 CS, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The car has been back for around a month after the restoration was completed and as someone who has read here for many years about the allure of vintage Ferrari's, having experienced the Daytona I can understand the special feeling these cars give.

As is often said the journey is often more important than the destination and this was very much the case with this restoration. Perhaps the cherry on the cake was meeting Leonardo Fioravanti and him giving his approval.

Now that the Daytona is back in Cape Town, what is it like? Awesome, sure the engine is still essentially being run in before the heads are tightened down but in the words of the restorer "don't go too fast, around 140-145mph is fast enough".

On the first drive it was easy to see why, the car just wants to go and the hugely long gearing encourages one to really drive. At 115 mph its saying "please lets go a bit faster" and its easy to see why this was the GT of choice.

Another thing the Daytona is spectacularly good at, it attracting attention, young and old seem to flock to it, many don't know what it is but all remark on the styling.

Drives usually consist of 120 km round trips into the Cape wine lands, there is a small student town where the parking spaces are actually Daytona sized which is useful because the steering is monumentally heavy at parking speeds.

Then there is the engine, it took some time to get the carb tuning right but the sound of that V12 is just spine tingling.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. GBTR6

GBTR6 Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2011
    Titletown, USA
    Full Name:
    Perry Rondou
    Very nice, love the color. Great garage shot. Wish I had a similar one.

Perry

3. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Looks fabulous I love the colour.

4. Ferrari 360 CS

Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    The article on your car in Octane was read many, many times in anticipation of what the car would actually be like to drive when the restoration was finally finished.

5. Ferrari 360 CS

Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    #6 Ferrari 360 CS, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    France
    Love the perspex front and the Azzurro color. The Daytona design is just perfect. A beautiful and fantastic car !

7. dmn23

dmn23 Karting

Nov 9, 2006
    Utterly spectacular. Drive it in good health, enthusiastically and often.

8. Jürgen Geisler

Jürgen Geisler Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2015
    Good old Europe
    Full Name:
    Jürgen
    Maybe, I'm from already a part of a kind of dinosaur generation, but have you noticed, how balanced, stylish and refined and elegant the Daytona's back looks compared to the pure plastic back of modern Ferrari's...

Just my five cents....

Saluti,

Jürgen

9. BBBBBBB

BBBBBBB Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2015
    Full Name:
    Ben
    i see only one very very beautiful car on the wonderful pictures...the other cars seen are imho just "parvenu", congrats to your Daytona.
    Ben

10. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    It's hard to fault the Daytona in any way. What takes one car, like this one, over the top is the choice of color with the correct wheels/tires. This is one beautiful Daytona. Congrats to the owner.

john

11. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    LOL! I know which one I prefer... Congratulations on getting your Daytona home.