Totaled 360 Spider possibly Copart Salvage | FerrariChat

Totaled 360 Spider possibly Copart Salvage

Discussion in '360/430' started by DoubleD33, Nov 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DoubleD33

DoubleD33 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2012
    Pasadena, CA / Oahu, HI
    Full Name:
    Dan D
    All,

Thought I would put this out there for the community. My 2004 360 spider was considered a total loss. It was turned over to Copart about three weeks ago and most all the paperwork has been finalized (mailed off notarized docs today) so I suspect it will pop up sooner than later.

The vin is ZFFYT53A140138701 If anyone is looking at this car and wants to know the story please PM me. It was in a rear end collision and hit a curb on the right front. It was totaled off the cost of the repairs not including loss of use or diminished value.

As has been said many times these cars are expensive to repair and may have issues that are not apparent in the pictures...

2. Dbacr

Dbacr Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 1, 2015
    Ft lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I feel your pain. My 84 911 Turbo-Look was totaled last year. Sorry for your loss.

3. jackgt

jackgt Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2015
    california
    Full Name:
    Jack
    How much did the ins company want for the salvage? Were you offered it?

4. DoubleD33

DoubleD33 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2012
    Pasadena, CA / Oahu, HI
    Full Name:
    Dan D
    Around 38K

5. Reallusion

Reallusion Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    I was looking at this on an auction site and it didn't look anywhere near as bad as they claimed the damages to be so I figured that they must be valuing it at the cost to find the parts being that it is so old. What do you know... searching the VIN found the owner, so I wanted to ask you a little bit more about it. It's kind of odd to be that nice and still sitting there and they claim it runs & drives. The only physical damage I see is at the very bottom, but the photos look to be trying to hide that too.

I can't PM you, but if you can email me on my junk mail at chinchillables (at) gmail (dot) com with more details it would be highly respected and appreciated. I am STRONGLY considering this car, but from the way the cracks are, I'm wondering if it has frame damage, etc.

6. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I was really hoping you were going to hang onto this car for me instead of letting the insurance take it.
    Normaly they offer you two choises ..x amount of money and they talk the car or a little less money and you keep the car.

I likely would have given you much more then the difference and you would have come out ahead. Maybe next time.

7. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    You just jinxed him... ;) :)

8. JuniorGTR

JuniorGTR Karting

Mar 6, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Jr
  9. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Oops. :)

I ment hopefully I'll pick up the next one that SOMEONE ELSE unfortunately wrecks and will sell me direct without having to deal with the auction people. No more bad luck for doubleD, he's been through enough.

10. BladeMD

BladeMD Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2015
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Hannibal
  11. jgriffi1

jgriffi1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2015
    DoubleD,

Can you contact me at jim.griffin1972/yahoo?

Want to talk about your [former] car!

Jim