Cavallino Classic Track days | FerrariChat

Cavallino Classic Track days

Discussion in 'Florida' started by treedee3d, Dec 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Never been to the Track during Cavallino week, I see there are 2 track days on the schedule and I'm wondering if it's worth going both days or is 1 day enough?

Thoughts and suggestions?

Also, is there food at the track or is it best to pack a lunch? If yes is it all junk food?

I'm trying to plan my week as I will be in West Palm Beach from the 19th to the 24th.

Obviously I will attend the track and concorso but I wonder if any other Cavallino outings/activities (day or night) are worth it besides the expensive ego-stroke fest like bella macchina and mar a lago.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

2. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Track days are the best. If you can make both days go ahed and do so. If you're showing your car you get the catered lunch at the track which is quite good so check your tickets. Other food options at the track aren't all that great, think carnival style fast food. If you don't get the catered lunch you may want to consider brown bagging it.

The rest, you'll have to decide. I live here and I typically skip the stroke fests. :)

3. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Thanks Duane for the info, any idea what is the schedule of the day? What time does it begin/end?

4. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Fab I can't remember off the top of my head other than it is Thursday and Friday. Cavallino usually releases a schedule at some point.

5. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    just found it, says 9am to 4pm.

practices on thursday, races on friday.

6. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Sounds right. I never get there too early, things get going an hour after they open the gates. If you're driving your Ferrari there is a corral you can park in near the stands. They will direct you in.

7. Lonnie

Lonnie Formula Junior

May 22, 2013
    NY/Delray Beach FL
    Full Name:
    Lonnie Mandel
    If you are going to Cavallino as a spectator do you buy tickets at the event? If so which are the best days to go to see the cars?

8. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Because it's the 25th anniversary, they told me they expect to sell out the Saturday concorso on Saturday even at 200$ per person admission fee. Best to buy tickets in advance for that.

Track will have tickets sold at the door.

9. Lonnie

Lonnie Formula Junior

May 22, 2013
    NY/Delray Beach FL
    Full Name:
    Lonnie Mandel
    thanks doesn't seem to be a place to buy tickets like that

10. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
  11. Lonnie

Lonnie Formula Junior

May 22, 2013
    NY/Delray Beach FL
    Full Name:
    Lonnie Mandel
  12. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    I will be there with a car, 3 days on the track and the concours. Fir me the best event - worldwide!!!

Greetings from Europe

13. Hilgram

Hilgram Karting

May 31, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nick
    The Cavallino track days are one of my favorite events of the year. I'll be there on friday to photograph a lot of the on-track action, so if you'll be racing, let me know and I'll do my best to get some photos of any FChatter's cars

14. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I will be there as a spectator what car is yours I will look for it.. FOr those thinking about it Last year there were 2 or 3 250GTOs racing along with a short wheel base running like they stole them ... then in other classes a couple of F40s and just about every other noteworthy ferrari.. believe me it is worth going....
    Not to mention all the cars on display (i.e. in the pits)

15. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    #15 Ferrari 308 Vetro, Dec 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. scrappin35

scrappin35 Karting

Dec 13, 2011
    FT Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Jim H
    I was there a couple of years back and for spectators at the concorso it was free... are we sure spectators have to pay now?

17. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Be sure....
    I think nothing is free. But again, for me the best event.

18. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I think you are mistaken. Entry to the Concours has always (as far as I know) been a paid admission, and it has never been particularly cheap, either. This year it it just a lot less cheap than prior years.

19. scrappin35

scrappin35 Karting

Dec 13, 2011
    FT Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Jim H
    Come to think about it now...it was more than 10 years ago but it was free. Bummer that's enough to consider for a family of four

20. felkind

felkind Karting

Jul 20, 2015
    Nashua, NH
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Is it possible to just attend the Track Day events? Are tickets purchased separately for these events and can they be purchased at the track? Just don't know my schedule yet but I will be in the area. Unfortunately my car will be 1400 miles to the north.

21. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    I Think you can buy tickets also at the track

22. felkind

felkind Karting

Jul 20, 2015
    Nashua, NH
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Thanks.. I emailed the question to the Cavallino folks. I thank them for their rapid response. You can buy the entry tickets at the track. However, if you want to attend the luncheon, those tickets must be ordered in advance. $30 per day for entrance. $40 per luncheon. We will be attending and will be at the luncheon as well. Seems like a good option if time is limited.

23. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I went last year as a spectator at the track and for it was a great time and a very nice lunch
    definitely worth the price of admission .. the concours is also the best ....

24. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Noce lunch? Hm,...! Really?

25. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    well not gourmet but not bad as i recall all in all lot of fun... i will look for you there...