348 Brotherhood - window/door connectors | FerrariChat

348 Brotherhood - window/door connectors

Discussion in '348/355' started by Ricambi America, Jan 7, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#1 Ricambi America, Jan 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Wow - interesting tech drawing! But is there really any reason why these pieces would ever wear out? You might ruin them when you are pulling the metal pins out of them, I suppose. If you had a supply of the male and female pins, and you had the male and female connector pieces as shown in the drawing, you could build new a new harness. But the new pins would probably corrode just like the old ones did.

3. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

I agree. The whole design is crap. My connectors have been hollowed out, and I ran hardwires (heavier gague) through everything. Window speed still stinks, but at least they won't corrode or disconnect.

4. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    I bought a spare 348 window/motor/frame setup just to test it. Running DC 12 volt power directly to it barely moves the internal cable.

That little motor is way out of its league. FYI, that little window motor looks suspiciously like the $15 motor on old Mazda and Honda (CRX?) sunroofs.

But those old sunroofs are moving horizontally...not vertically...and they don't weigh what our 348 windows weigh...and now that I think about it, those old sunroofs were pretty slow, too.

If I get around to it I'll either replace that motor with a larger one, or have that motor rewound at a magneto shop for faster operation. It's generic, so anyone can work on it.

Or we could buy more really slow window motors from Ferrari for $3,500!

Oh, one more thing: the Ferrari **motor** itself has a bolt on it for an external hand crank. I have no idea if it's feasible to put a hand crank through the 348 door panel, but the bolt is there. Turn the bolt and you move the window up or down.

5. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Daniel, I searched several Amp distributors for these items with no luck! I would be interested if you can source these connectors. Please advise price and availability when known. Thank you, John.

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Strictly an assembly requirement, I'd say....hard wire the splices, as I only occaisionally replace my Ferrari doors.......

AMP is/was a Tyco company, so your money ended up in that $6K shower curtain..it may have an AMP number but don't look for it at a electronics shop!

I think my 308s had individual pin/sleeve connectors, we spliced them as well!

It DOES look good on paper...just look at that drawing! ROTFLMAO!

7. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways

Funniest post...in weeks!

8. ferrarioldman

ferrarioldman Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jun 19, 2002
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Tom Jones
    Actually I just replaced all the female pins on a 348 door. Got the pins through the dealer (expensive little things) but I think that I can source these from somewhere else. Having the pins made this a pretty easy repair.

9. fibonacci

fibonacci Rookie

Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I see this is a very old post. My 348 driver's side door connector has a few broken wires on the back of the flexible door connector. This appears to be a common problem. I am hoping by now that many have sourced the pins (Ferrari p/n 139086?) outside Ferrari (as they are available but very expensive) AND most importantly, the tool to remove the pins. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

10. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Steve -

I'm not sure if originality matters here, because the rubber accordion sleeve will conceal all the wiring. Unless the pins have been somehow improved, I think simply crimping new ones in place won't yield much improvement. At a minimum. you'd likely need to still extend the cabling on both sides a few inches simply to cut/crimp new pins.

11. Jeff Pintler

Jeff Pintler Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2005
    Richland
    Full Name:
    Jeff Pintler
    #11 Jeff Pintler, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Looks like I took this Picture in 2010 and I hope the part numbers are the same now. Incidentally, these are the same numbers for the Porsche 911 Door Mirror connectors.

Jeff Pintler
    89 348tb, 86TR, 99 360 3-pedal, S-160 Bobcat
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Gabriel Costa likes this.
  12. fana355france

fana355france Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 10, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    nicolas
    Hello Daniel from ricambi.
    My connector is in perfect condition but the big plastic nut on the 827557 connector is missing.
    Would you sale it ?
    Regards
    Nico

13. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

No, we do not have any of the AMP connector blocks in our inventory.

14. fana355france

fana355france Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 10, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    nicolas