No Heat | FerrariChat

No Heat

Discussion in '360/430' started by TALON30, Dec 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TALON30

TALON30 Karting

Jan 8, 2010
    I have a 2003 360 spider. Just had it serviced (major) and I went for a drive and the heater does not work. The ac blows fine, but will not get hot. Will change from floor vent to dash vents.
    Any ideas?

2. s.freid

s.freid Karting

Oct 7, 2014
    Seattle / NYC
    Ditto - the CS's heat is not working as well. Just have not gotten around to looking into a fix.

3. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Are you sure the "stop" button isn't activated? Maybe you think the air conditioning is working properly, but neither the a/c nor the heater will work with the "stop" button activated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. ceb39

ceb39 Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2012
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    Chuck B
    Try Ferando's fix. Had the same problem. Hit the STOP button now it is nice and warm in the car. Suggest you do this while the car is idling and not moving. Trying to do it at 60 MPH, with you wife complaining about it being too cold, is not recommended.

5. Bigilo

Bigilo Karting

Sep 28, 2013
    San Antonio, Texas
    There is a control motor that mixes the hot and cold air. It seems to be a preety common issue with these cars. The part is over 500.00 on Recambi so I am currently on the lookout for a salvaged one. When I tried the reset procedure it didn't work for my car. The part can be accesed through the front hood after removing the liner.

6. TALON30

TALON30 Karting

Jan 8, 2010
    tried the stop in and out, same with the rec. button. tried auto and manual control, still nothing. Will try to get access to the mixing valve and check.

7. Chrisnlbc

Chrisnlbc Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2015
    Huntington Beach
    I know on my car, if i have the "Stop" button pushed in, (A/C off) , then I will not get any heat. It makes no sense, and is a weird design in my opinion. So in other words, the compressor has to be engaged to get heat.

8. jackgt

jackgt Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2015
    california
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Thanks for the info. My A/C works great, but no heat. Never thought to turn on the A/C button to get heat!!!!! I try to stay away from cold weather, but might need it sometime-

9. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    I have the same issue. The air coming out is barely warm. My 15-year-old Honda does a better job. Luckily California weather is not that cold. I think Ferrari cares only about engine, aerodynamic, and suspension. Everything else is an after thought.

10. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    The "Stop" button is climate control on/off, not A/C on/off. IF you turn it off you turn the heat off as well. Compressor only turns on/off as needed just like any car.

IF you aren't getting heat in any position and your heat is fully turned up you likely have a cooling system problem. First, check the cooling level. Next, properly bleed the cooling system.

11. JustinSpain

JustinSpain Karting

May 27, 2015
    Manilva, Spain
    Full Name:
    Justin Aldridge
    Yes, it's an odd set up on the 360. I had the same issue and got it fixed.

Firstly, the stop button does need to be out as if AC on.

Now, I was getting virtually no heat at all so took it to the mechanic. They replaced the heater pump and now it's like an oven in the car!

If anyone needs to know what exact part they changed let me know and I'll check.

12. TALON30

TALON30 Karting

Jan 8, 2010
    with the major I would assume the coolant was changed. How do you properly bleed the system?

13. Keith Jecks

Keith Jecks Karting

Dec 31, 2005
    I would take it back to the dealer and get them to do it, if it needs bleeding.

If it isn't an air lock, it is likely to be the heater control valve. I had that problem and it was a pretty easy DIY fix. I confirmed the issue by going through the hood and moving the valve manually. That showed that the valve was the issue as the heater was fine when adjusted manually. Changing the actuator fixed the issue permanently

14. TALON30

TALON30 Karting

Jan 8, 2010
    do you have a diagram and part number?

15. cgfen

cgfen Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2015
    vista ca
    glad i saw this thread.
    I too figured that the STOP button was A/C only, not HVAC.
    Was warm and toasty on a drive this morning with STOP out and cranked to 68.

Thank you.

Craig

16. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    68 is AC! LOL
    Well, at least out here!

17. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    It makes perfect sense. You release the OFF button to turn on the heating/cooling system.

Brilliant design. Not confusing in the least.

18. shad99

shad99 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Japatul Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I get heat whether the AC button is pressed or not. A check of the owner's manual verified that this is as it should be. You can press the AC button while the heat is on and also get
    dehumidification. (Air passes through the AC evaporator to remove moisture, then through the heater.)

The "on-off" button is quirky, but I have found the system to be very good in all conditions. Never had anything like this in previous convertibles.

Cheers, Andy