348 door panel window edge | FerrariChat

348 door panel window edge

Discussion in '348/355' started by 2mmuch, Jan 2, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 2mmuch

2mmuch Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    #1 2mmuch, Jan 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well I finally had some extra time on my hands and had a change to tackle an issue that kept staring me in the face. When I bought my car both window edges where it meets the upper part of the door panel came apart, so today was the day. I took the door panels off and notice the reason this has happened is just from old age and the panel has warped upwards. I took a heat gun and ran it alone the inside edge until the plastic became pliable. Then I pushed it on the floor to bend it back to flat. Installed them back on the car and it looks perfect. Just though I would share this in case anyone else was looking to do this. First 2 pictures are before, next 2 are after.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. sgolebio348

sgolebio348 Rookie

Mar 23, 2015
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Steven
    It looks great. Thanks for sharing that. I have a similar issue and I think I want to give it a try after seeing your great results. Is it hard taking the door panels off? Can you quickly run through that process. Thx.

3. 2mmuch

2mmuch Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    if you do a search on "door panel removal" there is a step by step on how to do it. That's what I used. It's not heard at all.

Thanks