Looking for Carbon fibre seats, aftermarket does not need to be Ferrari | FerrariChat

Looking for Carbon fibre seats, aftermarket does not need to be Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Night life, Jan 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    Wondering who has some experience purchasing decent carbon fibre seats that will fit the F-430, if so what company and do I need rails ?

Aftermarket is preferred but will consider OEM Ferrari seats if the right price.

I find the seats on the F-430 are just to high, I'm 6'1" I sit to tall in the car, I'm constantly slouching just to get proper driving position, I need to sit 3 or 4 inches lower.

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Try a search on 'sparco' in this section - should give you useful information in one of the 100+ threads

3. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I'd use 458 sport seats if in the budget...

4. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    +1 on the 458 cf sport seats. Direct fit and dropped me into perfect seating position in my 360. I am also 6-1 or 6-2.

5. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I always thought these would look great in my car but never went the extra step to see if the company's would make covers without their logos.

Bride - GIAS or GIAS II (The exposed aluminum of these seats would really work in the 360 interior)

Veilside VSD-1R (These might look better in a 430)

6. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I've had the Bride Gias II with the carbon back. They weren't terribly light. I think my manual seats maybe the same weight. They definitely lock you into the seat. For a reclining seat, it's one of the better of the bunch.

The factory Ferrari seats are essentially Sparco R600's with carbon fiber. Though I have not been able to find any Sparco's with carbon backs.

7. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Tom, do you think the kevlar version of those seats would be lighter?

Also it is strange to research those seats some of the ads say these are reproductions and some are made in Canada and some are made in Taiwan. Not sure how to navigate through that to get the good stuff.

8. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    This seems to me a technical query but has been moved to classified in which case all the other threads to which OP could refer (post 2) are in the 360/430 section.......

9. Chih

Chih Karting

Mar 3, 2014
    Roanoke VA
    #9 Chih, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Sabelt GT 140 made of fiberglass Around $700 each pretty much exactly like challenge seats without ferrari logo unfortunately you can only get them in black no red !!! Personally love them compared to stock seats I am about your height too !
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Chih

Chih Karting

Mar 3, 2014
    Roanoke VA
    #10 Chih, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    Full Name:
    Roberto
  12. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    There is a thread on them in the 360/430 section. I have them and a couple of others.

I too liked those Cobra Misano seats. I haven't tried them but they look nice in the pics.

13. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #13 Kevin Rev'n, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    Those look great! Re:Cobra

I wonder if they will do a no logo cover?

EDIT: Looks like they will!

..."The vast majority of Cobra seats are available both in standard trim or can be customised to your precise requirements.
    Our Signature service means you can specify

an almost unlimited range of colours
    contrasting panels both in terms of colour or material
    a vast range of materials from the finest Connelly hide through to state-of-the-art fabrics
    contrasting stitching again in virtually any colour of your choice
    you can even choose to personalise your seat with logos or names"...

14. MPtolomey

MPtolomey Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2014
    Odessa, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark Ptolomey
    Those Cobra seats look NICE!!!

15. Rnye

Rnye Karting

Mar 17, 2014
    Las Vegas, NV
    Status Racing makes some really nice seats. Some of the models are FIA approved (important if you want to track your car or take it to events), and they are fully customizable. I ordered a set last year with diamond stitched centers and FRP, FIA approved.. they came out really nice but took about two months.

Status Racing Ring GT-X Racing Seats - Status Racing

16. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    458 seats are direct bolt in but I must admit that I was really close to getting those same Cobras. If only they came without the name stitched into the leather. Recaro Sportster CS leather are also nice but not CF.

17. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Carbon fiber oem seats are unlikely to be the "right price" :)

18. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    I know a fellow(trustworthy) fchatter selling a very nice set of 355 cf seats. They look beautiful in black leather. I passed on it at $8k.

19. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I believe that's what I had. The carbon/kevlar weave. I remember there was a place in Michigan that made custom seat sliders for those particular seats. The brackets went straight to the factory seat holes. I'll try and dig up a pic of them for you.

20. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I tried going down the path of custom cobra seats, and never got very far with the retailers... I found them to fit me best when I was comparing to omp and sparco. I think once you go down the route of a true carbon seat from a brand name manufacturer, then add custom options and figure out rails you are probably $6k? $7k? Most aftermarket seats are side mount, and once you add sliders, I'd make sure you are really getting a lower position before buying. Now, regular light race seats are quite affordable.

21. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    Boy do they ever make nice seats, especially like the yellow carbon fibre ones. Unfortunately I want a 2 piece seat that can fold forward not the solid one piece, thank you for your input though ;)

I figured I will come close to the $8k mark after all said and done, still way better than $18K which most OEM Ferrari carbon fibre seats would be. Good points on adding brackets and slide rails on the actual overall hight, new seat has to be lower by minimum 3" or not worth it.

22. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Whew, $18k? I'd probably concede if someone offered me $17k and they haven't even been installed yet! (Black F430 race)