Windshield washer foam coming out of cap | FerrariChat

Windshield washer foam coming out of cap

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 2fastforu, Jan 17, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 2fastforu

2fastforu Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2006
    Has anyone experience this? I was loading up a bunch of grocery in the front trunk and noticed a lot of foam coming out of the windshield washer cap. Quite a lot actually. My warranty runs out in 5 days and planning to bring the car to the dealer to have it checked out.

2. 2fastforu

2fastforu Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2006
    This is a little embarrassing story. So I took the car to Ferrari of Seattle and told them what I saw with the excess foam bubbles coming out of windshield washer cap. He asked me "so have you been driving the car aggressively?" I said "yes, it's a Ferrari!" He said "This is normal because the windshield washer fluid is at max capacity and it causes overflows when the car is aggressively driven. To reduce the fluid levels, just use your washer fluids more."

He said "you brought your car in for this?" I said "yes, my warranty runs out in 4 days and I didn't want to take any chances!"

That was pretty embarrassing so I went on my merry way. Glad I did because there is a long tunnel going thru I-90 before and after the Lake Washington bridge and I redlined it thru the long tunnels. It sounded fantastic!!! That was worth the trip!

3. acw

acw Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    I had this issue routinely with my Scuderia when taking it to the track. I think this is somewhat normal. I would not worry about it. It just means you drive the car properly!

Cheers

4. garak

garak Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2010
    Florida/Arizona
    It's a known issue when you drive the car aggressively. It happens to me every time I go to the track.