Scott Rothstein prominent Ft. Lauderdale attorney | Page 30 | FerrariChat

Scott Rothstein prominent Ft. Lauderdale attorney

Discussion in 'Florida' started by GatorFL, Nov 3, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I think Jasone was referring to Rothstein's wife, not Saidle's. I see no point in ending the thread. This story has some way to go, and with SS apparently released I doubt he'll be the topic of much discussion, which I believe is your objective in asking the thread be closed. After all, the topic of the thread is Scott Rothstein, not Scott Saidle, but it's natural that peripheral characters would be discussed.

The story of Scott Rothstein goes on and I see no reason not to discuss it in this forum. Although I don't personally know any of his actual fraud victims I do know three people who lost their jobs simply because they had innocent contact with Rothstein. They didn't commit any felonies or assist anyone else to do so, but they lost their livelihoods. It's a story worth continuing to discuss.

2. Jasone

Jasone Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 15, 2011
    Tampa Florida
    Full Name:
    Jasone
    You are correct, I was referring to SR's wife.

3. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Actually, I agree with you. Being in Mexico, I have no idea what is happening relative to the Rothstein case. My USA TV experience is coming from Harrisburg PA. Rothstein is the villain, and hopefully pays for his crimes as did SS. But I really get irritated by the arrogance of those that think they know everything. Certainly the judge knows all of the facts, but not all of the facts were made public. So no one on this thread with the exception of 2-3 really know all of the facts. SS is now living with his wife on the west Coast, but for sure, he has not lost any of his friends. Including me. Why, we know what he did was illegal, but we know he did it.

4. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

As*h*le. I do not appreciate the accusation, so go f**k yourself. There are 2-3 of us that have been on this thread that have been with SS, heard his story, heard his admission, and know most of the facts that the judge knows in his chambers, but were not made public. Plea deal I think it is called. We were all as surprised of the situation as any one else. I do not know more than the judge you assumptive moron, never said that. But I do know more than you. Your arrogance is overwhelming. But your and other's opinions here are not relevant, SS is now living a "as normal as can be" life. And his old friends are still his old friends.

Do you think if he was really part of Rothstein scheme, SS would be out after such short time? Get real.

5. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Who's the a hole? The guy who keeps saying there are all of these 'facts' out there but refuses to disclose them or the guy that calls him out? Either spill these facts or accept the fact that nobody will give you or SS benefit of the doubt (because there is NO doubt), nor should you expect anything other than scorn for defending a convicted felon with nothing to back it up. It borders on the absurd. I have no skin in the game but enablers like you are why these guys can fleece the public and ruin lives/careers.

6. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    RP banned 1 month for a personal attack. DrStranglove a week for provocation. I'll be conferring with the Mod team to see if more time is needed for either user.

For the record I met with Scottie before he went away so I know what he did and why he did it. He told me it was a stupid mistake, one I know he regrets. There is a lot of speculation in this thread but there is far more unneeded vitriol by those trying to protect Scottie for a crime he admitted to and served time for. Trying to defend him with veiled references of things that happened in the judge's chambers is silliness.

I'll also add that many people directly connected to the Rothstein ponzi including numerous lawyers from his firm, the TD bank executive who was central to the scheme and Mrs. Rothstein received a lighter sentence than Scottie.

No more provocation or attacks in this thread, final warning.

7. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Good call, but I hope that provocation or attacks will be met with banning, not thread closure, which would punish everybody who is interested in discussing this case here. As far as I'm concerned SS should just be left out of the discussion from this point forward. If somebody wants to start a new thread about him, that would be their call, but I don't see the point.

8. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

I think Duane's post is very good. If SS had really been in the clear, then all these "backroom" talks and all the "insider knowledge" would have kept him out of jail. The fact is that he did plead guilty. Period.

Part of contrition is to recognize you were wrong. It would be nice of SS came on here and apologized to those of us who he told to F-off. It would also be nice for those who defended him to apologize, too. But I am not holding my breath on either one.

It is OK. Justice was done.

Jack-the-lad likes this.