Shift Light 430 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Shift Light 430

Discussion in '360/430' started by lilleprins, Jul 25, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stevely

Stevely Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2011
    LA, CA
    Pm me you email address and I'll send you the YouTube video I made. Not sure how mine is different but it works. The manettino is off one slot but still works. By off one slot, I mean that the ct is race, race is sport, sport is slick, and slick is ice just as it would be on the stock positions. Bummer that it's not perfect but very happy that the LEDs work and the manettino still works.

I'll be posting the full thread next time I get a chance to get home.

2. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Amazing. Setting up camp.

3. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #28 FerrariDublin, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
    Post it up here? Obviously there's interest in this!

p.s. regarding the manettino switch is it possible it was taken off and just not put back on right? Not sure how they are secured but perhaps there's a locking grub screw that can be released?

4. Stevely

Stevely Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2011
    LA, CA
    I'm at work and posting using my iPhone. I'll post it when I get home later this weekend.

5. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    That's a brilliant solution. Just checked their technical guide and it looks like a very clever system. To be tested out ;)

6. lilleprins

lilleprins Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2010
    Torslanda , Sweden
    Full Name:
    Anders T.
    Now we are talking. Great news. Thanks.

//Anders

7. Stevely

Stevely Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2011
    LA, CA
  8. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    Thanks for your nice writeup! This is the best solution no doubt. In terms of technology, it is also the best solution because the Scud wheel has an ECU directly connected to the CAN bus. With this ECU, it can read the rpm data broadcasted on the CAN bus by the DME ECU's. Such an ECU is the ideal solution I'm still hoping to find and would be ideal for those who want to add an extra display without changing the steering wheel for the Scud one.

9. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
  10. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    Patience Anders, after several trials and experimentations with Can bus interfaces, I'm now very close of putting together the ideal solution using directly the Can bus without having to mess up with the coil wires or adding extra wires through the firewall. All will be simply connected under the dashboard directly on the Can bus. The shift light itself can be any product able to receive the tach signal over 12V. The product I've been testing has also an very interesting feature : battery indicator that shows the battery’s voltage before and during engine cranking...

As for the Scud steering wheel, I spent also hours studying this case. What is sure is that the wheel node ECU of the Scud is very different than the F430. There is absolutely no chance that the Scud steering wheel will work on the F430, neither the shift lights. What have been done on Steverly's steering wheel is that they removed the Scud wheel node ECU and changed it with a F430 wheel node ECU. The wheel node ECU is located right behind the manetino. This ECU is also managing the start button (and inhibates it if the engine is running) and communicates it's data directly on the Can Bus like the manetinno position. There is only one "spring clock" cable and connector in the steering wheel for the Can bus, F1, airbag, engine start, horns, headlights signals etc.

I'll come back here soon with more info on the non-steering wheel shift light ;)

11. Stevely

Stevely Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2011
    LA, CA
    Stefvan, I'm not sure where you got your info or if you're just trying to sell a shift light product, but I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. No wheel node ECU was ever changed on my Scud wheel. I watched the entire install process. I have no reason to lie about my steering wheel.

12. ph12

ph12 Karting

Jun 28, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Im curious if there are any more update info on progressive shift lights? Either scud wheels or aftermarket?

13. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    [​IMG]

I'm still using Stefan's shift light mod in mine. Works like a gem. All the way to the redline.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

14. ph12

ph12 Karting

Jun 28, 2015
    Los Angeles
    yea he mention he is redesigning the CANBUS and may sell a new model sometime later this year

15. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Awesome. Can't wait. Wonder how its gonna look like.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

16. Peter Costa del Sol

Nov 27, 2013
    Estepona, Spain
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Andres, om du har vägarna förbi Costa del Sol så kolla Facebook sidan för vår F klub i Andalucien