Got a 458. Almost... | FerrariChat

Got a 458. Almost...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by blackbolt22, Feb 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I left a deposit on a 2011 Italia at my local dealer last Friday. I was told the car was being held for us. That night it had a 'sold' tag on the website. The car was in NY. My GF shows up yesterday to finalize the deal. It is her car and her purchase . She had a great experience at the dealer talking to everyone and making plans to ship the car here. She was SO excited. Last night we went out and celebrated.

This morning we find out the car has been sold already. New owner has taken possession of it already. Somehow it wasn't put into their system properly and someone had placed a deposit 3 days before I did. Or so they say. Negligence and incompetence come to mind. It is irrelevant at this point but I am so pissed. She is as well. Happy to pissed off and totally disappointed in 12 hours. She has been upset all day and night about it.

She was looking forward to picking up the car at our local dealer where everyone had treated her so well. Now we are soured totally. I know there are other cars but this one was exactly what she wanted. It has ruined her first Ferrari experience at least for the moment. We will find another but not with them. It has ruined our weekend. I don't even want to set foot in the place again. And I probably won't.

So we are back on the hunt for 2011-12 white Italia, black interior with white stitch, race seats and carbon fiber . Please keep me posted.

2. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    Black bolt that car was nice for sure.
    All these dealers do these tactics i bet they knew they had
    That original deposit and still took yours just in case the first one
    Falls through.
    Not good business but hey what do i know.

3. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    #3 of2worlds, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    I would be having a quiet conversation with the service manager at your dealership and get the inside scoop on any other white Italia that he knows about. He sees them all...

4. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
  5. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    There was probably a lot of interest in that vehicle, reasobably priced desirable 458s sell closing to asking at current prices. It was an unfortunate situation and I had a similar thing happen to me twice when I was searching for one. I even attempted to put in a bigger offer on one of them. thats why when I saw another one that suited my taste, I made an offer without hesitation and quickly put in a deposit. For me the extra $10k wasn't worth the games.

6. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
  7. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Bro , it wasn't meant to be . You will find a nicer one . I'm sure. Good luck .

8. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Maybe so but the status of the car changed in their system when I made the deposit. I know this for a fact because my salesman was alerted of the change and contacted me. There was no mention of a previous deposit or a pending sale. Wouldn't the other guy's deposit have shown up in the system?

The sales mgr told me he would take it off the website. It was marked SOLD that night Fri the 29th.

9. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    This one is good but doesn't have CF driving zone. CF steering wheel and interior is a must.

My research shows their prices have always been very high even for Ferrari dealers. I didn't even consider buying a 430 from them years ago for this very reason. This one is a 2011 not a 2012 and way fewer options than the car we lost. Asking price is 228.

But thanks for your help. We will keep looking.

10. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    A whole new level of Hell. A woman pissed off because she didn't get to buy her Ferrari. Woe is me.

11. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    2011 Ferrari 458 Italia | Scottsdale, Arizona | DDW Partners

This one is close. But 18K miles. I've asked someone in AZ to check out the condition. Carfax shows its a CA car and has lots of owners but looks like most are dealers. It appears two main owners that put most of the miles on it. Current dealer may have used it as his daily driver since last August.

I don't have a good feeling about it for some reason. Maybe I'm just soured about the last one.

12. clutchplate

clutchplate Rookie

Dec 16, 2005
    Never look back, there's another.

13. boeckman2003

boeckman2003 Karting

Oct 7, 2015
    Take your time and dont rush it just because you want to fix what happened. The right one will pop up and you'll just know it. Good luck

14. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    my friend everything happens for reason...u might find a better deal u never know.
    Move on and tell your lady to dry her eyes and not to worry.

15. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

#15 Cigarzman, Feb 7, 2016
    Fwiw , Ferrari of Palm Beach has a few white ones with Nero interiors and all CPO cars. I bought mine there . Jay is the GM and Sal was great to work with. I felt like I got a great deal and fair money for my trade. Don't be discouraged bro . Best.

16. howydo

howydo Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2009
    I have a white / black 2015 458 I might be interested in selling. It has some carbon fiber but no sport seats. Only has 1200 miles and is in mint condition. I'm awaiting my 488 in April. PM me if interested and I can give you more details. It's a really nice example and still has lots of warrantee left along with extensive 3M protection on exterior.

17. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    Hope u can find the strenght to go on. Once lived through this, nothing can stop you.

18. Bowtye8

Bowtye8 Karting

Dec 28, 2013
    Sorry to hear. I had that happen on a different brand of car. Put deposit down and then a few hours later they called me and said....No dice someone already had a deposit. Trust me I know how you felt... I was ticked!!!
    That 2011 in AZ is nice..... Price seems a tad high for the mileage....180k would be a deal.
    Good luck on your search. Keep us posted.

19. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    #19 blackbolt22, Feb 7, 2016
    Thanks for the all the support but ...You win!!

Best response of all. Epic actually.

20. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    #20 galt, Feb 7, 2016
    You ought to "out" these guys. Awfully hard to believe they "forgot" they sold a Ferrari three days before. As if they really sell that many Ferrari's that they would not notice that. It is not a Toyota dealer!

In fact I would say to them: Clearly, for whatever reason something pretty bad happened hear due to a lack of appropriate controls at some level (playing along with the idea you believe them). Listen, mistakes/accidents happen even at good businesses. What distinguished good businesses is how they handle these problems when they occur. Likewise, I think most exotic car buyers understand that mistakes happen and care more about how you handle them when they do. As such lets come up with a solution that will be judged as "doing the right things" by not only you and I but the community at large.

21. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Agreed. I think they ignored our deposit and sold it. But the car was at their sister dealership. It definitely wasn't intentional on this end in FL. At least I don't think so.

I'm going to write a letter to the owner.

22. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    Yea I don't think its intentional. I bought two of my Ferraris through the Florida dealership and had it brought up here.

23. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    Black bolt maybe they will give one of the newer 458 at a big discount...
    Hey you never know.
    Just ask!
    In Long Island they have a few white 458's

24. 10FerrariCATX

10FerrariCATX Karting

Jul 24, 2015
    I agree! They should make it right, which in my opionion means steep discount on a different 458.

25. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    Aren't most of them consignment cars? Maybe they can lower their take to facilitate another purchase.