GTC4Lusso | Page 9 | FerrariChat

GTC4Lusso

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by deltona, Feb 8, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Is it me or is the car shorter or seem that way?

The distance from apparent rear seat to number seems shorter

2. Ryan13

Ryan13 Karting

Jan 21, 2015
    Alberta
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    The 488 was unveiled around this time last year before making it's live debut in March.Same thing with the GTC4Lusso so can we expect this every time when they plan to unveil a car at Geneva?

3. Salivan

Salivan Karting

Apr 27, 2012
    OMG!!!! Amazing car!!! I think it looks incredible!! Well done, Ferrari! What an improvement over the FF.

4. CETH

CETH Karting

Nov 3, 2015
    Poland/France
    So the V8s are downsized while they enlarge the V12 - interesting, indeed. How do they tackle the future noise regulations?

5. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde
    That's not what I read, I read that the next V12s will be augmented by electric power (a la LaFerrari) so that they won't need to enlarge them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    #206 Wheelb, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I love the design changes. Not too subtle yet not too drastic as some car companies make the mistake of doing. We chalked up a quick little render of one on HRE's brand new for '16 S200 forged 3-piece wheels. Any word on when deliveries are expected?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde
    I am sure it will look even better in real life as they usually do
    Clyde

8. redjeeper

redjeeper Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Flowood, MS
    Full Name:
    Anthony Griffin
    Absolutely brilliant, anyone want to guess what the MSRP will be?

9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Think I'll trust ChalStrad's information a bit more than the rest I would read on this forum from just about anyone, let alone the rest of the internet.

10. patekswiss

patekswiss Formula 3

Mar 31, 2014
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo
    After looking at the FF vs. this car, I still think the FF is a fabulous car but I do like the design changes they've made, particularly how the roof resolves toward the rear and the treatment of the rear deck. They've managed to make it more beautiful. The name? They need to work on their names!!! :)

11. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    can you guys imagine this thing w an F12 TDF front end? omgomgomgomg *die*

12. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    I guess every knows the "new" GTC4Russo is a larger car than the FF is/was? If I remember correct the GTC4Russo is 4mm higher, about 3 cm wider and I think it is 2 cm longer....

13. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Lovely car - beautiful. Pricing likely to be high, 3 Range Rover Vogues ?

14. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I'll have to see in person but like anything Ferrari has produced it might grow on me over time.

Sent from my TRS-80 using Tapatalk

15. nice.braces

nice.braces Karting

Aug 22, 2015
    U.S.A.
    Nice Summary from CarBuzz:

"Feb. 08, 2016

Presenting The Ferrari GTC4Lusso: The 680 HP FF Successor

Ferrari has just revealed its GTC4Lusso, the successor to the FF, which will make its live debut next month at the Geneva Motor Show. From first impressions, it looks an awful lot like its predecessor, and that’s because, well, it’s really more of a facelifted FF. That’s not at all a bad thing, and here’s why: Ferrari’s new four-seat, four-wheel drive grand tourer is powered by that familiar naturally aspirated 6.2-liter V12, now with a total of 680 hp (up from 651 hp) and 514 lb-ft of torque (up from 504 lb-ft) at 5750 rpm, with 80 percent of the torque available at 1750 rpm.

Like before, all of that power is sent to all four wheels via a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission. Performance specs are impressive, as always. Try a 0-62 mph time of only 3.4 seconds. Top speed remains unchanged at 208 mph. The GTC4Lusso has also gained integrated four-wheel steering.

The latest evolution of the Slip Side Control system now incorporates the electronic differential (E-Diff) and the SCM-E dampers. Essentially, this all translates to drivers being able to take the GTC4Lusso on snow-covered or low-grip roads with relative ease while the car’s immense torque is kept under control. And, of course, Ferrari promises superior ride comfort at the same time.

The interior features Ferrari’s new Delphi-developed infotainment platform featuring a 10.25-inch HD screen with capacitive touch technology. It still remains compatible with Apple CarPlay. There’s also a new, and smaller, steering wheel that was made possible thanks to a more compact airbag.

Ferrari also says the controls are now "more ergonomic," specifically the redesigned controls and buttons for the hands-free phone system. The exterior design clearly takes an evolutionary, rather than revolutionary, approach. With most of the FF’s overall design cues remaining firmly intact, there are subtle differences.

Specially note the more aerodynamic front bumper featuring built-in air intakes, new air vents on the rear wing, a roof-mounted spoiler, as well as a new diffuser. Ferrari claims the results of these styling mods result in the GTC4Lusso having a "substantially lower drag coefficient than on the FF."

Official pricing and an on sale date haven’t yet been announced. We’ll have more details and live images in just a few weeks from Geneva."

16. nice.braces

nice.braces Karting

Aug 22, 2015
    U.S.A.
    #216 nice.braces, Feb 9, 2016
  17. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    The area between the edge of of the car and the head lights is so much cleaner on the gtc4. I was listening to a design in tech podcast and they said something like great design shows great restraint. I guess you can take that statement too far and create a Porsche;).

18. Lussolover

Lussolover Karting

Sep 22, 2014
    I'm not some crazy purist who thinks old names shouldn't be brought back / used for marketing ploys but to do it with such a hideous car, a little hard to stomach.

Between this and the sound of the new Ferrari gt race cars vs. previous is leaving me worries, what the hecks going on?

19. 996TTurbo

996TTurbo Formula 3

Apr 9, 2006
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Martin
    FF for
    Me hands down

I think the two tails makes the car look instantly dated as well! Not a fan of the front end either
    Oh well

20. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    PF is masculine/feminine balanced and has implied lines that flow ... thus artful.

FDC is trying too hard. Insecure design aesthetic. Marketing driven. Macho/Lambo crowd appeal. Works for the TDF, muscle car. Not for everything.

Agree. Ferrari Corp is perhaps the answer.

Instantly dated and overworked. It's 3 cars in one!

21. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    #221 F2003-GA, Feb 9, 2016
  22. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Conjecture on my part but I think they named it GTC4"Lusso" so they can intro higher line and lower line models later
    For instance they can name V8TT version GTC4"America"
    Drop the F12 motor in and they can call it GTC4"Superfast"

23. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde

That would make sense, though not sure if it's true of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ