Major Service Needed | FerrariChat

Major Service Needed

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by upolld00, Feb 15, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. upolld00

upolld00 Rookie

Nov 19, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Looking for some recommendations on a shop to do a major on a Mondial in the Bay Area. After doing a search it appears these names keep coming up:

T&R
    Waterfront Automobili
    San Francisco Motorsports

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on these for this era of Ferrari's or if there is another shop that is on top of the list.

2. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Grand Prix Motors in Campbell

3. centerfireman

centerfireman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2015
    Roseville, CA
    I have been very pleased with SF Motorsports; Doug and John are great to work with. (They are actually in San Rafael).

4. gavin

gavin Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Gavin
    +1 on Doug and John

5. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    We are blessed with several good options. Location is a big factor, IMO. I can personally recommend T&R, San Francisco Motor Sports, and Ferrari of San Francisco.

6. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    Would recommend highly. and their costs are VERY reasonable. They should beat FofSF. Don't know about the others.

7. mrmichaelrsmith@gmail.com

BANNED

Nov 29, 2009
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Michael Smith
    Stand by and am loyal client to Sal Garcia and Waterfront Automobili. Has never steered me wrong, have bought and sold a few cars thru Sal and he has serviced all my vehicles.

When you go to Sal you become part of the Waterfront Family.

8. Tifoso Ferrari

Tifoso Ferrari Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    Upper Volta
    Full Name:
    Gianni Cagate
    +100 for T&R ... Probably one of the most experienced technicians out there. He's invested in all the diagnostic tools necessary ...

9. ddenboer

ddenboer Karting

Sep 11, 2015
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    David denBoer
    I use Roselli's Foreign Car repair for my Mondial and my Alfa. He is in San Jose. My Alfa has 160k miles and has never run better since his last service on it.

10. Bloody Knuckle

Feb 4, 2013
    S.F. Bay Area
    +1 on Waterfront.

11. SFFerrari

SFFerrari Karting

Jul 21, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LanceD
    Couldn't say anything better or more about T&R than 100%+ especially if you are in San Francisco (Tony is a mile from my house). And, the same for San Francisco MotorSports if you are in Marin. We are fortunate to have such excellent independent shops in our area.

12. 2dinos

2dinos F1 Rookie

Jan 13, 2007
    Bay area is pretty big. Sal @ Waterfront in SF is excellent. Rick @ Great Marques in Redwood City is also very intelligent, and knowledgeable.

13. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Dino Motors in San Mateo yet... Johannes and Danny are great guys and incredibly knowledgeable about this vintage Ferrari (newer ones as well) and they're the only ones I would allow to even touch my Ferraris of this vintage as well.

Best of luck!

Cheers!

Ruben

14. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    +1 on SFMS and T&R can't go wrong with either one, just depends on your location. Cheers.

15. kaliforniakid

kaliforniakid Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2010
    sf bay area
    Full Name:
    erik
    Dino Motors is my go to.

16. 456M GTA

456M GTA Karting

Dino Motors for my 456M +++

17. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    South Bay - Roberto at Roselli
    Min-Peninsula - Johannes at Dino Motors
    SF - Tony at T&R

I've had great experiences in all 3, what I've found is good is to always have a good relationship with many folks, often one or the other is very backed up, so you can figure out who has the bandwidth to fit you in.

Hope this helps.

18. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I'll throw in another vote for Grand Prix Motors in Campbell... If you're in the South Bay, there's really no (good) reason to drive 30+ minutes north. The other shops mentions (Dino Motors, Sal @ Waterfront, etc.) are all great, too. It's just that I live in SJ, and GP Motors is 2 exits down the freeway for me - add to that the fact that he does TOP NOTCH work, and I can't find any (good) reason to stray elsewhere.

19. North bay tech

Apr 18, 2015
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Full Name:
    Josh Bare
    I'm always looking for new customers :) Bare European, I opened up shop recently after spending years working for the dealer. Look me up or i.m. Me, I'd love to help. I'm in Petaluma.