2008 FERRARI SCUDERIA (gemotorcars) 58K MILES | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2008 FERRARI SCUDERIA (gemotorcars) 58K MILES

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by gemotorcars, Dec 31, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gemotorcars

gemotorcars Karting

Jan 2, 2014
    CORONA CA.
    Full Name:
    Michael Morales
    haha ok for sure... was starting to think I was overpriced my self... lol :)

lets see what happens. once its gone its gone. lots of calls but no offers yet...:(

2. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    How do you know this? Do you have some records or some other documentation this was done? Seems crazy a car would have TWO new tranny's in less than 60'000 miles, even being a track rental.

3. mashoutposse

mashoutposse Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2005
    Two new complete transmissions in less than 40,000 miles.

It was disclosed right in the eBay ad from years ago when it was being sold on from Exotics Racing.

4. ferrari#7

ferrari#7 Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2008
    Would you guys be afraid of a high scuderia, what would be the price point. Thanks

5. abedh

abedh Karting

May 12, 2013
    Woodinville
    Full Name:
    Abed Husseini
    I think the current ask is fair if the car checks out on PPI and the transmission is clean and has plenty of life left in it.
    A 25k miles Scud probably sells at the 170k mark is my guess...
    The OP is asking 150k which leaves room for negotiating, how much is anyones guess.
    Talk to the OP and see where he is at...
    If it really does check out it could be a great deal for someone looking to track this car frequently or use it more than just occasionally.
    These cars are beasts on the track (having owned one and tracked it quite a bit).
    In any case, if you do go down this path, get a full on PPI with a certified Ferrari mechanic, leave no screw un-turned so to speak.
    Repair and maintenance on these if something is wrong is pricey.

6. makethemsaywow

makethemsaywow Karting

Mar 24, 2015
    SF, CA
    Still feel the same about the Scud vs. the Huracan? Any desire to get back into the Scud?

7. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    OK, thanks.

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    it's just a car....people can mistreat the drive train and cause a transmission to fail , or it's possible ferrari themselves produced some bad units, and a "low miles" car has yet to present itself.

This is a cool car.

I'll offer a NON CAT GTB as a trade in!
    Coincidentally, it's yellow/black.

My mom will never notice the difference...LOL!

9. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The CCF brake system would be the only downside on the street.

But, it lasts a LONG time......then, it's a wallet spanking.

10. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    These cars were equipped with steel brakes at exotics racing. No idea what they do after they are done with them in that regard...

Does anyone recall if they had a "passenger side brake pedal" in these for the instructor? (I can't recall, I know I saw it in some of the cars)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming

Many folks have a very different point of view on track miles vs street miles. Said concisely, a car with 25k on the track is not comparable to one with 25k on the street. I've seen very knowledgable folks on here say it's 3 or 4 to 1 in terms of wear. I'm no expert, but thought this should be discussed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    Me too, but it's RED/Tan with new paint and new leather...

13. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Go for it!

14. abedh

abedh Karting

May 12, 2013
    Woodinville
    Full Name:
    Abed Husseini

I do feel the same. I have now owned and driven the Huracan as long and as much as the Scud and I still think it was the best decision I made.
    I have no desire to get back in to a Scud, but I keep looking at the rapidly depreciating price of a 458 and am considering having a Spider in my stable next to the bull.

15. abedh

abedh Karting

May 12, 2013
    Woodinville
    Full Name:
    Abed Husseini

I would agree, track miles are hard on any car. That said, it only means frequent parts replacement. Given the clutch has been replaced 3 times sounds like one of the most expensive parts is replaced. I would get the Ceramic discs checked, though I am willing to bet those discs are relatively new since most rentals immediately replace the CCM's for steel rotors.
    The good news is that with automated gear boxes it's impossible to do a money shift, which is one of the highest risk parts of tracking any manual car.
    You will want to get all the seals checked as well. Generally driven cars don't need them checked, but hard tracked cars expose the seals to very high heat over extended time that can cause deterioration. Same thing for hoses and other parts. CF is not friendly to high heat either. All things to check on a car like this that a top rate PPI should look in to.

16. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
    Great looking car and would have a hard time writing this off the list if I were in the market considering it's "Big Bird mode". Good luck with the sale.

17. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    +1

18. flsupraguy

flsupraguy Rookie

Apr 27, 2014