Ferrari Club of America 10% off questions | FerrariChat

Ferrari Club of America 10% off questions

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by russomanno, Feb 19, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. russomanno

russomanno Karting

Dec 16, 2011
    Hello Everyone,

Looking or some advice here regarding a repair that is going on with my car in a hit & run while my car was parked... Long story short I had mentioned to the Ferrari dealer that is dealing with my repair that I would like to apply my 10% off so it will cover most of my $2000 deductible, anyway, Ferrari will not honour the discount because my insurance company is paying for the claim. Now heres the twist, my insurance called Ferrari and told Ferrari that they will issue the cheque to me instead so I can pay Ferrari, but the dealer says that they won't give me the discount because they know that the insurance is the one paying for it.

Im not expecting that someone has had a situation like this but I am just looking for advice/help to see if there is someone I can contact to confirm this...

Thanks!

2. MRY

MRY Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    Monterey Peninsula
    Unless the discount clearly states specific exclusions, the Dealer should honor the discount. The fact that you're being reimbursed should be immaterial as the agreement to fix the vehicle is between you and the dealership. Unless they have a body shop in house, they will outsource the repair. If they don't honor the discount, take the repair to another place that will offer you a better deal.

Most ferrari dealerships do not have their own collision centers, so I would stop the repair if they have not yet started, and get a second opinion. If you have AAA, the vehicle can easily be moved somewhere else. Ask others in your area who have had their cars worked on and see if they can point you to a good repair place.

Just my $0.02

Richard
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please forgive typos

3. russomanno

russomanno Karting

Dec 16, 2011
    Hey Richard,
    Thanks for the input, but the problem is that the car is already done. And you're correct, they outsourced it to a local shop.

4. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I'm thinking that since the work was outsourced, that may be the root of the problem. Either they're now on the hook for the total cost, and so can't give the discount, or they are reading it that the discount only applies to the parts and labor they supply?

Either way, I could appreciate their point if they made either of those arguments.

(Not necessarily saying I would agree, but I could see their point.)

5. russomanno

russomanno Karting

Dec 16, 2011
    They won't make any arguments, just saying they can't do it. I know they charged a fee on top of the body shop fee, i believe they tacked on about $40/hour.

Looks like ill just pay the $2000 and get my car back in my garage so I can stare at it everyday until the snow is gone

6. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Hopefully you have other service options and will not have to patronize that dealership again.