Retrofitting front lift for FF | FerrariChat

Retrofitting front lift for FF

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by euro400, Feb 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. euro400

euro400 Rookie

Jan 20, 2014
    Hi guys,
    I wonder if it is possible to have the oem front lift kit retrofitted on a 14 FF? I have found one awesome FF but it has not this option.

2. euro400

euro400 Rookie

Jan 20, 2014
    I wonder if it is possible to have the lift kit done on a 14 ff? Please let me know because I found a 14 ff I like very much but it has not this kit.

3. YellowF50

YellowF50 Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    K B
    I think Jim/Napolis ( owner of P4/5 ) and team SCG designed something which could work with standard suspension, I seem to remember him offering this service in one of the F40 threads. Try him here.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/members/161.html
    Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus
    https://www.facebook.com/ScuderiaCameronGlickenhaus

4. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    You can also just get a skid plate for the front and have that installed. The FF seems to have good ground clearance. I use my lift just in case because I have it...but I don't find many instances where it is necessary. I live in southern california.

Retrofitting the lift would be expensive. The parts alone will probably be around $10K plus labor for installation.

5. StickBreitling

StickBreitling Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2012
    I live in London which has loads of horrible speed bumps and the FF copes fine with all of them. I wouldn't consider it an must-have.

Unless you have a very steep driveway outside your house of course.

6. SSR

SSR Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    Check Roberuta Japan

7. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Don't bother. It's no lower than my old CLS 550

8. Jasone

Jasone Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 15, 2011
    Tampa Florida
    Full Name:
    Jasone
    I have the lift on our FF but haven't used it once.

9. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I don't use mine often. let me clarify that. I use it only one location that I happen to frequent often right now. other than that location I never use mine - and my car is lowered by half an inch (I think)

10. boostorbust

boostorbust Karting

Jan 27, 2013
    I have one and never used it either, although I probably will now that I just lowered the car

Oh yea, it's made by Ohlins, not sure if they sell something aftermarket like this

11. imcarnuts

imcarnuts Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2011
    Steeler Country
    Full Name:
    Duffy
  12. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    coming in late here.....

Our first FF had the lift, I think we used it once (and realized we really did not need it).

Second FF, no lift, and at times are cautious, but no issues.

Candidly, the lift system is a pretty involved, complex hydraulic system and parts would be very pricey (it's not a "kit") and installation equally so.

If your potential FF does not have it, and you think you need it, I'd look for another one. Realistically, it's going to cost....$20K? for that amount, you can likely shift your market focus to one equipped with a lift system.

Alternatively, you can have the ride height adjusted up (yes, i know, we usually want to LOWER) and use skid plates. You're not going to break or dislodge the front clip if you scrape (which can happen to an F12's front center piece), just go slow.

13. pelank

pelank Rookie

Dec 5, 2015
    Monaco
    Behind the mail thread curve but wanted to share my experience on this one...
    I was in the market in September last year for an FF in Italy and found a great one at the Forza dealer in Turin, but without the Lift. I asked them for a quote for them to install / retrofit and would they then cover in the warranty extentions - the answers were 10,000 Euro + VAT / GST and yes they would cover.
    In the end I did not like the colour combo enough to do it and bought a car with the lift option from the factory.
    For what it's worth I have used the Lift function 3 times in the mountains down very steep driveways and 5 times in European car parks in 4 months - which was exactly what I wanted it for.
    Not sure how that translates to the US ...

14. Exotic Lambo

Exotic Lambo Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2011
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Gianca
    I just ran into this thread as I recently purchased a 2014 FF. KW Suspension offers an universal Hydraulic Lift System that should work on the front/back of the FF.

As per adding height on the suspension it would require the spanners to be adjusted in order to remain at the same height. Even with the HLS the car height could be lower about an inch as there should be enough thread on the coil perch.

Retail price is about US $4k plus installation.

http://www.kwsuspensions.com/hls

15. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Thanks for the great info! The price is reasonable when compared to the oem lift system.