who is Reza Mokhtarian? | Page 90 | FerrariChat

who is Reza Mokhtarian?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by rob lay, Apr 29, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

should all mention of Reza/OceanSky/Capital Trust Markets be removed?

1. yes - good guy, remove all content

2. no - users have right to post at own liability

3. thank goodness for spring!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Well, he's already HAD "massive head trauma". :)

How vague is "busted lower extremities"?

I could go on and on:
    Sri Lankians?
    10 of whom he can identify none?
    Need to speak to the press first?
    What did they do for 15 hours? Listen to Reza preach wealth?
    A "setup" from a rival? Really?
    But all will be well and fresh by Monday?

Worst of all his his sign off "Bless."

Curse,

Matt

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
  3. End of the roll

Jul 20, 2015
  4. 488Spider

488Spider Rookie

Jan 1, 2016
  5. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Talk about pin-pointing. :eek:

6. moen

moen Rookie

Jan 4, 2014
    CA
  7. 488Spider

488Spider Rookie

Jan 1, 2016
    Sigh.. your right. i just made this stuff up. Im leaving now.. not interested in this anymore. Best of luck to anyone/everyone in this matter. Im just a guy interested in this as it seems interesting. Anyway, on w/ my life now.. goodbye

8. rnelson

rnelson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2005
    This is the silver lining.

The cops couldn't car less about theft/civil disputes. But when you stage a fake kidnapping and waste serious police resources because you're too chicken to show up to your own seminar, there will be some blowback.

9. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Maybe he trying to make the car disappear to avoid payments or collect on the insurance?

Mark

10. t3kneak

t3kneak Karting

Aug 4, 2008
    London, ON
    Full Name:
    t3kneak
  11. rnelson

rnelson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2005
    I've slipped in the bathtub and looked worse...

If he was really ****ed up he sure as hell wouldn't be rushing to make long lectures on the interweb within 24hrs.

12. t3kneak

t3kneak Karting

Aug 4, 2008
    London, ON
    Full Name:
    t3kneak
  13. Glen_Lloyd

Glen_Lloyd Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 13, 2003
    Lloydminster AB
    Full Name:
    Glen
    The man found bound, beaten and nearly naked in a ditch outside Toronto this week has identified himself as Reza Mokhtarian — a self-described entrepreneur and foreign exchange trader, who claims his assailants were from a rival company.

Mokhtarian, 33, who is also known online as Ocean Sky, described the ordeal in a Facebook post early Saturday.

He says he suffered injuries including "broken ribs, severe concussion [and] massive head trauma" after being kidnapped by about 10 men and held for 15 hours.

Mokhtarian claims his assailants were from a rival company "that did not want me to continue trading."

"But I will triumph over this," he wrote. "I'm a survivor."

Mokhtarian also described his injuries and the attack in an online video posted early Saturday. He had what appeared to be bruises on his face and body, two black eyes and a cut over his right eye.

14. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Cool. Now a wider audience will see what a fraud Reza is. "Massive head trauma" - what an idiot. He has no clue what constitutes genuine massive head trauma - hint, it ain't two black eyes and a minor cut. What a genuine drama queen.

Further, if he's going to make accusations of a rival company, the police will want him to start naming names. When there is no rival company, only victims of his earlier scams, maybe the Ontario police might start taking real notice. Not sure why Reza thinks anyone would believe a rival forex trading company would care if he trades - Does a broker trading on TSE care if another broker is also trading on TSE? Aren't there enough suckers, er, minions, er, followers, for all the forex brokers to rip off?

Also rather ironic when Reza was the one threatening his former clients to keep quiet or else, phoning Rob to warn him that Reza isn't responsible if some of his minions took things into their own hands and he had some scary associates, etc. Maybe those scary associates got tired of being lied to and ripped off, and turned on their master.

15. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    This breaks my heart, NOT!
    Karma can be a *****, or a Godsend. Govern yourself accordingly.

Sent by incredibly fast electrons

16. Liquid Assets

Liquid Assets Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2009
    Cloud 9
    I cannot believe that there are so many of you that think he set this up...

17. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    I cannot believe that anyone thinks he didn't.

18. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew

I just think it's good that people are thinking, even if there's no agreed consensus. :D

All the best,
    Andrew.

19. philibuster82

philibuster82 Rookie

Apr 7, 2015
    #2244 philibuster82, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    This many of you think he faked it? This forum is going to lose its reputation as a bunch of smart businessmen if you aren't careful. And you give Reza way too much credit.

First of all, it's seems highly unlikely to me that a clinical egomaniac like Reza would fake a story where he gets beaten up and left in a ditch in his underwear. All evidence aside, that's enough in my mind to prove that this is a true story.

Second, I'm sure the police verified the injuries with the hospital. So presuming the injuries are real, the only other possibility that lines up with the "faking it" theory is that he had his own ass kicked, just to miss a seminar - because he was afraid he would get his ass kicked?

Unless your claim is that he faked the injuries with an expert makeup artist, and fooled the hospital, then the police, and by extension all the media outlets. Do I have to say again, highly unlikely?

Do you all really impute that much intelligence and mystery to Reza by assuming he could pull off this sophisticated ruse, fool all the parties involved in an event like this, rather than believing that after years of alleged dubious activity, he finally got his ass kicked?

And why would they kill him, if they are trying to get money back? Dead men don't pay debts.

Personally I had to play the portion of the news event where they said "a man was found beaten and left in a ditch nearly naked" 5 times to believe that the fantasies of so many alleged victims came true to the extent that this statement was *broadcasted on national news channels*.

How can one not believe in karma? I have experienced enough in the last few years to know that karma is real, viscerally, and not just on an intellectual level anymore. Life doesn't seem fair when you look at a small window of time, but over longer periods, it seems to play out perfectly in line with one's contribution to the world.

The funniest part is how the news media says 4 guys, and Reza says 10. Who knows, maybe there were, but it wouldn't surprise me if the teller of tall tales didn't spin that up. I was waiting for him to say "you think this is bad? You should see the other guys."

I think we'll see a new Reza from this point forward, as the Pudgy Persian starts to realize he's just a human being like the rest of us. He may bloviate to the contrary, but I think inside he will be different - if he has even an ounce of sense in his brain. And if he foolishly holds on to his arrogance, I personally believe the universe will continue to cave in on him until he is crushed beyond recognition. That much arrogance is like gravitational pull for destruction.

2016 is the year Reza faces the alleged music. He can dig up his alleged money and pay restitution, or he may end up spending it on medical care from the looks of it, and/or the agencies who seem to be pondering action here do something to help get his alleged victims paid back.

20. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

What this will most likely do is result in this, and several other threads, being read by the RCMP, or whomever ends up digging into Reza's background.

Other than that, only time will tell.

D

21. Throwaway_permanent

Apr 30, 2015
    Kudos to 680 news for specifically mentioning it is not sure if Reza Mokhtarian is the victim in this case.

Mississauga kidnapping victim comes forward with ordeal in Facebook posting - 680 NEWS

Now I'm no crime scene investigator, but I've seen the aftermath of beatings growing up. Reza's pictures are extremely shady. I hope police do a thorough investigation and not just let this slide. I've said it before, and I know some disagree, but I smell an elaborate scheme from Reza, I sincerely hope the investigators on this case bring justice to those affected. From what I know about Reza, it is definitely not a stretch to believe that he's planned this whole thing.

I'm guessing he watched Gone Girl and got the brilliant idea.

22. Domenic defazio

Domenic defazio Karting

Nov 26, 2014
    Oh.....We can't wait for the truth to come out. Would love to hear that story.

23. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    They always say goodbye. But never mean it.

24. Jackson16

Jackson16 Rookie

Feb 27, 2016
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Jackson
    You should watch the periscope, he says he broke his jaw and ribs yet he's moving around like its nothing. I've broken one rib in my life and it was excruciating for days. Also, really a broken jaw? You wouldn't be touching it if it was broken. The guy is a con, and now a lot of major news channels are looking into what he has done and what he did in the past. Capital Trust Markets is about to be put on a national spotlight. Hey maybe ferrarichat will to ;). I've read a lot of forums on here, but this made me open an account. And I must say you guys are hilarious.

25. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I disagree.

The police didn't waste a lot of resources filing the report, and if it turns out to be false, they certainly aren't going to spend more any time to punish him.

No one gets arrested for being an asshat. As much as we would wish they would.

Matt