Need to have tires shipped from Europe to USA | FerrariChat

Need to have tires shipped from Europe to USA

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by kdross, Feb 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kdross

kdross Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I am trying to purchase tires for my 1997 Porsche Carrera C2 Coupe without much luck. My car is bone stock and has the 16" wheels. I need to purchase tires sized 245/45 16 and 205/55 16. Want to get W or Y rated tires and I want to stick with the stock wheels. Continental sells the SportContact for the Porsche and it has the N rating and Y rating for Porsche. Problem is the tire is only sold in Europe in this size and speed rating.

Does anyone know where I can purchase this tire in the USA (I have tried for the past weeks to locate a seller without any success) or where I can purchase the tires in Europe and have them shipped to me in the USA?

Any help would be appreciated. Never knew locating tires for this car would be so frustrating.

Thanks,
    Ken

2. tiara4300

tiara4300 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2005
    miami ,fl.
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Try Coker tires

3. kdross

kdross Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Coker Tire has the Michelin tires for the car, but I was trying to get the Continental ContactSport Tires shipped from Europe. The Continental from Europe is a better tire and would probably be cheaper even with tax and shipping than ordering from Coker.

Ken

4. DrJan

DrJan Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2015
    Grand Cayman
    Full Name:
    Dr Jan P
  5. NoSpeedLimit

NoSpeedLimit Karting

Sep 6, 2013
    George Bernard Shaw: 'England and America are two countries divided by a common language'

6. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Have a look on PistonHeads | Cars for Sale | Car News | Motoring Forum forum and search for tyre comparison sites, there are a few threads about them on there

blackcircles etc

Then use www.parcels2go.co.uk to find a courier to collect and ship them for you if the supplier will not post outside the UK. You may need to send the tyre supplier a copy of the shipping labels. Some couriers insist the tyres are packaged so check with the tyre suppliers they will do that.

7. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    If the tire is not DOT approved I doubt if you can bring them in to the US.

8. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    You might check Demon Tweeks since they ship to the U.S.

9. Keith360

Keith360 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Keith Williams
    There is a freight forwarding company that you can ship to and they inturn ship it to you. It is called skypax.com. I plan to use them for an eBay item they don't sell to or ship to someone in the US.