FINALLY ORDERED THE F12 | FerrariChat

FINALLY ORDERED THE F12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by vrdjs, Feb 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hey all, Just ordered a new F 12. They say six months, so I have until then to sell my California.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferraris/513208-ferrari-california-t-black-black.html

The F12 is specced out pretty close to the Cali. However I added the better stereo, a back up camera, electric steering wheel and Alcantara package which covers the seat inserts, doors, and center console. All of it is in black with red stitching. It's going to be pretty crazy. Cannot wait!

2. markmoon

markmoon Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I hope you are right, but I highly doubt you'll see your F12 anywhere close to 6 months. I ordered mine early June 2015 and it just went status Red 10. Plan on closer to 12 months.

3. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    black on black ? another masterpiece incoming !

4. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    More likely look at 9-12 months. 6 months would really be something. Congrats

5. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    That's what I thought too. But, the last two cars I've bought with my guy at Ferrari South Bay have come in exactly when he said they would. So, here's hoping he keeps the streak alive.

6. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    BTW, I have never in my life been to a better auto dealership. They really do treat you like family. I can't recommend them enough. Service AND sales.

7. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Six months could be possible since the F12 is coming to an end in its model and the demand has gone down.

8. dry4re

dry4re Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2005
    AZ
    Six months is a possibility if there is nothing special I.e. Lots of cf, paints etc. good luck! The difference between the Cali T and the F12 will shock you. You might want of Apple car play - it's now available on the 2016s. I made a mistake not ordering a CD player - it's not stock.

9. markmoon

markmoon Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Is a CD player not included even with the JBL sound system??

10. dry4re

dry4re Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2005
    AZ
    i don't think so. You should check it because that is probably something that you can still correct.

11. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I received mine in 5-6 months maybe less back in 2014 (it was an early 2015). The key to it all is how soon Ferrari picks up the order. I configured mine at the dealership and it was put in and picked up as the next allocation.. the dealer may have many orders in the system but they can choose to activate anyone they want in my case they had several others in the system when i ordered mine but they had promised mine was next so they actuated at the next opportunity so it went 10 red within a few weeks....
    I also flew mine in which cut a few weeks off ...

12. Zaius

Zaius Formula Junior

May 8, 2014
    It really is a great car you won't be disappointed.

13. markmoon

markmoon Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Ok, I will. Geesh, they know how to stick it to us😊

14. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #14 uhn2000, Mar 6, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    Nice, congrats. I like the Cali-T package and driving dynamics, I just found it really "nice" not "wow" coming from my FF and I tried everything to love it because it fits my needs so well. Maybe this new handling package with exhaust etc. helps.

15. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    CANCELLED MY F12 ORDER - Long story, but let's just say the dealership and salesperson I'd been doing business with the last two years, (also a "really good friend") decided my business wasn't worth the hassle of helping me find a home for my current Ferrari. Lesson learned. What sucks is that the same folks own all the shops within a 50 mile radius of me. Guess it wasn't meant to be.

16. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Guess I spoke too soon about how great and friendly my dealership was. LOL. Ridiculous.

17. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Sorry to hear that, perhaps you would have been better off selling the Cali T privately ? Maybe on F'Chat ? I would have thought the chance to jump the waiting list on that car would have appealed to buyers? Its got to be an easy spec to sell.

18. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Apologies Douglas , I saw you did put the Cali T on F'chat, very nice it is too. Off the market now?

19. 412monzaindy

412monzaindy Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    Full Name:
    PBI
  20. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    I'm confused by this post? What do you mean they "wouldn't help you sell your car?" When you ordered the F12 they would either trade it in and they could tell you right there what it would be worth or you could sell on consignment? Of course the best way to get the most $ in your pocket is to sell privately. Use car.com, DuPont, and eBay for 195 and it should go quickly. In Cali you don't get the sales tax break for trade in so private sell is the best.

21. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    No worries, Graham. I decided to keep it. After all, it's a fantastic car and use it as my daily driver. I'm going to start looking for something a bit more classic as a collector and spend the money on that. I've always wanted a 365GTC/4. Maybe now is the time?

22. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'm very sorry for the confusion. I guess I didn't explain myself very well. Having been a salesman in a former life, the credo I lived by was that in order to keep a customer, you do everything humanly possibly to make them want to remain your customer.

My feeling was that as my Ferrari dealer, one who would have sold me 3 cars totalling close to $1M, they would have bent over backwards to get the California situation taken care of right then and there. In other words, if I owed X number of dollars on it, why not offer to purchase it for a number that will still yield a profit for the dealership, but will not crush me too badly. I was willing to pay 5K to them to get out of it and not have to make payments over the next six months on a car that was sitting in consignment and I wasn't enjoying.

We've all ordered a car and had to consign one at the same time. It's no fun and actually costs more in the end than them taking it in at a wholesale or close to wholesale rate right away. You pay the 5K up front, but miss 15K in payments and insurance that you would pay during the time they are trying to sell it for you. In terms of the private sale -- Sure, that's how you walk away with the most $ in your pocket. That is unless you cannot sell it. And, I couldn't. It's probably due to the mileage (4700) but I had it up there for a really reasonable price, and only got offers from non Ferrari dealers who wanted to pay 170K for it.

In the end, I was ordreing a 375K car. The profit in that HAD to be close to 30K. So why wouldn't they just bite the bullet on a couple of grand to take in my car, make me happy and keep a customer who buys a new Ferrari every year?

Hope that explains it.

23. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Interested to find out if you asked them that question and how they answered it. Likely because they don't have to bite the bullet on anything and there's plenty of folks on the list for an F12 behind you.

24. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    It's tough to remember exactly how it went down. The whole thing is of course colored by the fact that this guy was a REALLY good friend of mine and has been for the past several years. I maybe assumed too much and just figured he would find a way to keep me from twisting in the wind. The car that I ordered was from a spot of a guy who fell out due to personal issues. So I was getting a month earlier into the process. I guess the bottom line is that I was astonished that a business of any kind would toss out a customer who clearly has a penchant for buying new cars every year, over a couple of grand on the front end. I SO love the brand, but if this is what they think about their customers, it's a real disappointment.

25. dry4re

dry4re Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2005
    AZ
    Maybe the other side of the coin is they figured that based on all the money that you have spent with them through the years that you wouldn't walk away from an F12 for a couple of grand?