Diablo SV Thread | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Diablo SV Thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Lemacc, Nov 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    David, his car is XLA12438. A very late example!

2. revio

revio Karting

May 9, 2006
    France
    Full Name:
    Thibault
    Yes, my bad. But no matter, 45 RHD isn't a realistic number.

3. revio

revio Karting

May 9, 2006
    France
    Full Name:
    Thibault
    #153 revio, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    Imo it depends on the market and the customer choice. Many US-cars were fitted with comfort -VT interior. I think Lamborghini made this decision because the US market mainly buy european cars with full spec and more luxuries from factory. I don´t have a proof for that but i don´t know any german SV with a VT interior. Interesting that the red RHD SV also has a VT interior. In this time you could choose every part of every model and during production many parts changed. For example the door or engine bonnet -handle in aluminium came in late MY99 cars.

5. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    #155 Lemacc, Feb 9, 2016
  6. Mr Mezzanotte

Mr Mezzanotte Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2006
    UK
    My 99SV has the plastic engine cover handle, and aluminium handles for the doors.
    It was also specified with a Roadster rear bumper, and a roadster specific colour Blu Scuro.
    and no electronic suspension/lift - but it is a European spec SV with Alcantara interior and no stereo.

7. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    #157 Lemacc, Feb 10, 2016
    But on this delivery picture it seems that the door handles were plastic too.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Mr Mezzanotte

Mr Mezzanotte Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2006
    UK
    #158 Mr Mezzanotte, Feb 11, 2016
    Wow! your right - here's a better one.

The 2008 photos I have show the metal ones, so they were updated during its life then.
    I will update the engine cover lift one as well, I have the part already, as the plastic ones are very flexible and poor quality in my opinion.

Revio has pointed out the door speakers are fitted, even though there is no stereo fitted (none shown on order sheet either), and I know no amplifier has ever been fitted until I put one in last year.
    I suspect these were all Alpine speakers, as the larger ones are now Pioneer. I'll change these shortly, as I reinstall my dashboard with a carbon fibre one this year.

Other bits that changed over time include:
    • The gear knob was replaced with a 6.0 all chrome ball at some point too, between 2008 and 2013. The half carbon, half chrome SV version is sadly NLA.
    • The front SV bumper was replaced with a standard/VT one, prior to 2008, including the 4 NLA expensive spot lights.
    • The rear roadster/SE style bumper (specified on the delivery sheet) was replaced in 2009, when the car was involved in a small accident with a standard diablo one.
    One day I'll change the bumpers back.
    • black eyelids on lights fitted on delivery were missing by 2008. replaced by me in 2014 with Carbon eyelids.
    • The mats currently fitted have no bull as shown in the delivery photos, and I'm in the process of getting a new set made currently to replace the current set as they are fraying at the edges.
    • All 4 wheels were replaced around 2010 due to buckling, by a main dealer. The replacements had black centres, which I had refurbished in 2014 to return them to silver.

If I keep looking at these photos, I never leave my PC - just noticed the wheel nuts at delivery are silver, yet they changed to black by 2008 with silver wheels, before the black wheels were fitted.
    I'm 50% of the way through changing them back to zinc coated silver.

amazing what you learn about your own car.

Thanks Guys.

9. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    David, thank you for the history about your stunning car.

As i told you, my wheels are during refurbish process and i replated my stud bolts in zinc silver. They look perfect like from factory! This is the best looking option.

I will upload a picture of the result.

btw on ebay.com is a Roadster/SE30 rear bumper for sale. I would buy the parts as soon as possible. The prices will increase with the car values....

Regards,
    Leo

10. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    #160 roytoy2003, Feb 12, 2016
  11. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    #161 SFchallenge, Feb 15, 2016
    Hi Thanks Leo. I can't remember the chassis no off my head but you had it!

Here's some pics of my car when the engine+trans were removed. Did a clutch job, adjusted the valves & repainted the valve covers. I had the fuel tank removed for internal cleaning and changed all hoses including new fuel cap plus lens covers.

One important upgrade I did over the years is the suspension. My car came with fixed shocks & when I wanted to change one damper plus the rubber bushes, they (bush) went from US$20+ to 200+ each in 2 weeks! I needed like 16pcs..... I approached one of those poly bushmakers but they needed like 500pcs to start.

So, I searched around & found this company who did a set for a Thai Diablo & had them spec a set for me, adding 10-15% tougher spring; rebound etc. They are multiple adjustable coilovers and completely customisable from build but the crucial thing is the bushes are included! They perform perhaps 30% better than stock & handling has a remarkable improvement especially for fast sweeps above 120mph. Going over speed bumps are also very well damped. I've not done any track days with it yet but they can be set up for hardcore driving. I think it costed me about US$12K+/- & highly recommend them.

Motion Control Suspension | Damper and Coilover Systems

These suspension are exact fit up to the Lp670-4.

Notice that the picture in the user manual has a late SV with roadster wheels & wingless

12. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    Hi Jon,

Thank you for the pictures! Very interesting and good to see that you treat your car well.

Your picture from the owners manual shows a grey, wingless MY99 VT. This car is in Germany as far as i know. There is also another car displayed in the manual. This is a silver, wingless MY99 SV which is also in Germany and currently for sale! That car has now a SV-R wing mounted:

Lamborghini Diablo SV-Werkswagen!Traum Zustand&Historie! als Sportwagen/Coupé in Freiburg

Best Regards,
    Leo

13. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    You're most welcomed. During the job one of the ECU had a short-circuit due to a coil which is just US$35/ea. Replacement cost per ECU was about US$6.5K :(

That Silver SV is asking for Euro 439,900!

14. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    #164 Lemacc, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    I hope my car will be nice to me and save me from this problems ;)
    Yes at the moment we have very high asking prices in europe for collector cars!

It would be really great if some MY99 SV owners could make pictures of their tool kits.
    With my current knowledge the two beige leather tool bags include following stuff:

2x white gloves (blue Lamborghini sign with orange piping)
    1x tow hook
    1x tool kit roll (MY96-97 red USAG tool roll, MY98-99 dark blue/yellow piping, some had black/yellow piping)
    1x A/C belt
    1x coolant belt
    1x Lamborghini bulbs kit
    1x emergency light kit (manufactured by BOSCH)

1x tire inflator (which is outside of the leather bag-> too big) -->can anybody confirm this?

I´m in process to collect all matching items for my car and some pictures for a confirmation would be very appreciated!

Regards,
    Leo

15. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    #165 Lemacc, Feb 16, 2016
  16. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    No it does not, it sits outside, inside is the metal infiltrator canister.

I have a few extras for sale if you need one...contact me off line at

[email protected]

17. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
  18. revio

revio Karting

May 9, 2006
    France
    Full Name:
    Thibault
  19. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2007
    Milano - Italia
    Full Name:
    Cardinal
    #169 Boomhauer, Mar 6, 2016
  20. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    When your homepage will be online again? can´t wait to see some updates!

Regards
    Leo

21. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    #171 EMILIO, Mar 10, 2016
    1998 SV WLA12845

titanium-black alcantara with orange piping and stitching
    shorter gearbox
    all original beside a tubi sport exhaust
    now in Italy

22. Diablo_4_Ever

Diablo_4_Ever Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
  23. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    How is such low mileage possible? Everything I have been told has cars leaving the factory with more miles than this from testing alone.

24. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver

I'm guessing and assuming, the owner of the dealer is also a known car collector in Canada. He also has very low kilometer Countach

1990 Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary for $799,900 in Kirkland | autoTRADER.ca

1999 Lamborghini Diablo SV 1.8 KM ONLY ! for $499,900 in Kirkland | autoTRADER.ca

I know a few owners of car dealerships. The ones who collect personally, always put away a prime example of certain models for their own collections. If I owned a dealership and got these cars new at a discount. Id stash one or two away for myself as well. Even some used dealers with connections do this when they find prime examples. A friend of mine bought a new 308 in 83 and sold it around 1998 with 200 kilometers on it. He was a dealer. He also had a delivery miles 94 Rolls Corniche.